How do you help healthcare organizations navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare?
In today’s current climate of supply chain challenges, labor and skills shortages, shifting delivery and payment models in healthcare, along with rising inflation rates and revenue contraction, it is more important than ever to have a solution that goes beyond simple calculating and reporting.
Harris Affinity Decision Support (ADS) helps hospital leaders and administrators act on paths of improvement by leveraging advanced cost, performance, reimbursement, and profitability data to inform and drive critical financial, operational and clinical decision-making.
What advice would you offer to healthcare leaders when choosing among vendors?
When choosing among Business Decision Support System (DSS) vendors, healthcare leaders should consider the following advice:
- Define your needs: Before selecting a business decision support vendor, it’s important to identify your organization’s specific needs and goals. This will help you narrow down your options and choose a vendor that can best meet your requirements.
- Evaluate vendor expertise: Consider the vendor’s experience and expertise in the healthcare industry. Choose a vendor that has a proven track record of successfully implementing DSS solutions in healthcare organizations.
- Look for scalability: As your organization grows, your DSS needs may change. Choose a vendor that can provide scalable solutions that can adapt to your organization’s changing needs.
What is some advice you can give providers for a successful implementation of a new product or service?
When implementing a new DSS, consider your organization’s decision-making infrastructure … How will you ensure that your leaders leverage the insights gained to inform and drive critical financial, operational and clinical decision-making, and how will the improvements be measured?
When implementing a new DSS solution, be sure to:
- Identify and organize operational activities and verify the health of your Charge Master.
- Understand your core data sources and inputs to ensure that you have the data you need to calculate and measure performance.
- Prepare operationally to link costs and operational activities to support the assignment of the detailed cost results to the service line and patient encounter levels.
- Understand the cost drivers that trigger a change in overhead or supply costs (e.g., labor rates, drug cost fluctuations, equipment costs and depreciation, time-per-task if applicable, etc.).
- Define and codify the decision-making process by establishing a routine and organizational cadence made up of five parts: analyze, decide, implement, monitor and follow-up.
- 1 year on the Short List
- 93% of respondents strongly agree or agree that they would recommend the Harris Affinity Decision Support solution to their colleagues.
About Harris Affinity
Harris Affinity Decision Support (ADS) combines financial, operational, clinical, and patient activity information to help healthcare administrators understand patient costs and reimbursement across product lines, populations, contracts, and care settings. Through the Harris Affinity Decision Support Costing, Contracting and Budgeting solution components, we empower Healthcare providers to confidently make evidence-informed, data-driven financial and clinical decisions based on precise and accurate cost data. With ADS, hospital executives and financial managers can gain a complete view of their organization’s financial performance, including revenue, expenses, and profitability across departments, service lines, and payers.
To learn more about HFMA’s Peer Review program, visit hfma.org/peerreview