Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association® Requirements
As recognized industry leaders, HFMA Fellows act as ambassadors to the profession by raising the standard of practice through consistent participation in professional development activities and service to the healthcare finance industry. Fellows can maintain their FHFMA designation by teaching courses, making presentations, publishing, participating in special interest groups or attending educational events. It's up to you!
Requirements for FHFMA® certification include:
- Current CHFP designation
- Five years total as a regular or advanced HFMA member (student membership does not count toward this total)
- Bachelor degree or 120 semester hours from an accredited college or university
- Volunteer activity in healthcare finance within three years of applying for the FHFMA designation, including one of the following:
- Earn the Follmer Bronze Award by earning 25 Founders points for HFMA volunteer activity
- Volunteer in your HFMA chapter and earn two Founders points for two consecutive years
- Volunteer service for two of the past three years in a healthcare industry organization
Submit your FHFMA application today.
One-time application fee - $150
For more information about the HFMA Certification Programs, contact the Career Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (800) 252-4362 and ask for Career Services.