VP, Quality Management
Executive Director, Somnia Patient Safety Organization Inc.
Thomas Schares, MD, MBA
Chief of Anesthesia
Desert Regional Medical Center
An anesthesia services provider's CFO and a perioperative services department's vice president will address the importance of creating a strong dynamic between OR managers and the anesthesia team. They'll discuss the partnership’s role in optimizing OR throughput and enhancing quality metrics, its inherent ability to align the goals and objectives of the anesthesia provider with the hospital’s, and the financial implications when both parties share one common mission.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Implement a strategy that aligns the objectives of the anesthesia team to the goals of the facility.
- Understand the ways the anesthesia provider impacts efficiency (reducing cancelled surgeries, increasing patient throughput, and decreasing length of stay).
- Develop a quality management program in conjunction with the anesthesia provider that will improve patient safety scores and increase reimbursement rates.
- Evaluate your anesthesia services to determine if their current infrastructure allows for a functional perioperative partnership (i.e., is strong anesthesia leadership in place?).
Tools and Takeaways
- Somnia whitepaper: “Creating a Perioperative Partnership for Operating Room Managers”
- Ability to better assess the needs of the operating room
- Understand how to use the anesthesia group to help with the perioperative process
Hospital and surgery center C-suite, VP/directors of perioperative services, operating room management
HFMA Members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until Oct. 11, 2013.