COHFMA Student Scholarship Program
Association & Academic Year: 2023/2024
(June 2023 – May 2024)
The Central Ohio Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (COHFMA), Student Scholarship Program, offers the opportunity for students involved in any healthcare management profession to obtain financial assistance for a specified variety of categories. COHFMA membership includes central and southeastern Ohio areas.
The categories of scholarship offered are:
- Tuition Assistance ($1,000 award) + HFMA Student Membership Fee ($50 award)
- HFMA Student Membership Fee ($50 award)
Scholarship are awarded for academic achievement, demonstration of leadership potential, service activities, technical skills, and communication skills. Specifically, for the tuition assistance, award will also be subject to demonstrating the desire to commit to leading the student committee and engaging with the COHFMA Leadership Team.
Applications plus all relevant supporting documents must be submitted by Friday, February 17, 2023 by 5pm to [email protected].
To qualify for consideration for any category of scholarship offered, all applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Candidate must have full-time student status and pursuing a healthcare management or related program of study at the time the scholarship is awarded and may be undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum of 60 credit hours completed when scholarship is awarded.
- Previous tuition winners are ineligible.
- Previous tuition applicants who were not selected are eligible but must reapply.
- Previous membership fee winners are eligible but must reapply.
All interested students will need to submit:
- An application form
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Specific to Tuition Award Review Criteria:
- Application, Resume -PLUS-
- Letter(s) of Recommendation, maximum 2
- Letter should include the recommender’s position and comment about the student’s leadership potential, technical, and communication skills.
- Recommender should email, with clear indication of student, the letter directly to: [email protected].
Conditions of Tuition Award
Awardee will agree to chair, with the support of a seasoned Leadership Member, the established Student Leadership Committee. Approximately 4-6 hours/month beginning June 2023. Appointment to lead this committee will be one (1) year.
Awardee will agree to actively participate on at least one COHFMA committee based upon the student’s interest. Approximately 1-2 hours/month beginning June 2023. Appointment to a committee will be one (1) year. Committees currently available:
- Gives Back
- Early Careerists
Conditions of Membership Award
Awardee will agree to participate in a Student Engagement Committee, along with other membership awardees. Approximately 1 hour/month beginning June 2023. Awardee may also elect to participate in another COHFMA committee based on the student’s interest and guidance of the Student Leadership Committee Chair. Appointment to a committee will be one (1) year.
Please contact the COHFMA Leadership Team with any questions or concerns by emailing us at [email protected].