This privacy statement discloses the website privacy practices of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (“HFMA”). It outlines the types of information gathered from site visitors and explains how each type of information is used.
HFMA is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way that differs from what is disclosed in this statement. HFMA collects both anonymous and personal information from our users at several different points on the website. The information is collected for the following uses:
2. HFMA's site uses registration forms, order forms, and online surveys that require you to give us contact information (like your name and email address), other unique identifiers and authentication information (like a member identification number), and certain financial information (like your account or credit card numbers). HFMA uses customer contact information from registration forms to send information, purchases, purchase confirmations, and certain promotional material from HFMA as well as other select third parties, including sponsors and advertisers, and the information may be provided to such third parties for this purpose. If you prefer to not have personal information disclosed for direct marketing purposes, please send this request to HFMA Member Services, Three Westbrook Corporate Center, Suite 600, Westchester, IL 60154; or through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Unique identifiers (such as a member identification number or email address), authentication and authorization information are collected to verify your identity and to use as account numbers in HFMA's record system.
4. The demographic information we collect is used to tailor your experience at HFMA's website by showing content that we think you might be interested in and displaying content you have expressed a preference in seeing. HFMA may use information about your interaction with our site (such as content viewed) to customize your experience and to deliver content that matches your interests (such as through marketing automation software).
5. HFMA also may use your profile information on an aggregate basis to provide HFMA personnel and contractors with information that is useful in developing new features and content for the website, and to provide select third parties with aggregate information about HFMA's users and the usage patterns of its website.
6. HFMA allows third-party companies, including AddThis, to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third-party web beacon to collect this information. Learn more about this behavioral advertising practice.
HFMA employs a secure socket layer (SSL) security protocol, which is a standard industry tool used to provide data encryption on pages and areas where personal data is collected. SSL is designed to protect the personal information transmitted from your computer to HFMA, allowing for safe transmission of personal and financial information over the Internet. Personal email is not a part of SSL encryption.
HFMA may provide interactive forums, chat rooms, news groups, bulletin boards, and other interactive areas ("Interactive Areas") on the site. If you use any of the Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your own communications and the consequences of posting those communications. HFMA does not assume any responsibility for the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any material posted on any Interactive Area, or of consequences of any Interactive Area communications on or arising from use of the site.
Likewise, HFMA does not assume any responsibility for messages posted on the site and forwarded to third parties. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
HFMA reserves the right, but is not obligated to record the dialogue in public chat rooms. HFMA does not screen communications in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users, or any other person or entity. If notified by a user of communication(s) which are allegedly improper, HFMA may, but is not obligated to, investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s). HFMA reserves the right but is not obligated to remove or edit communications posted on the site without notice. In addition to the removal rights described above, HFMA reserves the right to terminate a user's access to any or all Interactive Areas at any time, with or without notice, in the exercise of its sole discretion.
How can I opt out?
This site gives you the option to remove your information from our database so you will not receive future communications or receive our services. It is not possible for a user to delete his or her profile from our database completely, nor is it feasible to delete all traces of a user's activity in the system. Messages posted in public forums such as message boards are examples of user activities that are not feasible to delete. However, you may request deletion of your email address from HFMA or update your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can email email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Member Services, Three Westbrook Corporate Center, Suite, 600, Westchester, IL 60154-5732.
HFMA does not believe its sites are appealing to children, nor are they directed to children under 13. HFMA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13, and strives to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at email@example.com.
HFMA is located in the United States (state of Illinois). If you are providing personally identifiable information and are not a resident of the United States, your country’s laws governing data collection and use may differ from those in the United States, in particular, the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. By providing information to HFMA, you are transferring your personal data to the United States, and you consent to the transfer to, retention of and processing of your data in the United States.