Leadership Training Conference
We’re excited to see you LIVE in San Antonio April 16-18. Before we do though, here is some helpful information about our in-person experience:
- Event App/SpotMe: The SpotMe app will be your one-stop shop for all event information and materials. You will receive an email from SpotMe next week and that email will contain the information you need to access the event app. We strongly encourage you to download the app prior to coming onsite to avoid any technical difficulties.
- Registration: You will need to check yourself (and any guests attending the Volunteer Recognition Event) in at the registration desk prior to joining any sessions. This is where you will pick up your name badge and conference materials.
- Sessions: There are two pre-conference sessions on Sunday afternoon. The first will be on Chapter Operations that will be a great overview for new leaders or those wanting a refresh, while the second will be on Leadership Development that is open to all. General sessions and breakout sessions begin on Monday morning and continue through 2pm Tuesday. If your chapter plans to meet to do chapter planning time on Tuesday starting at 2pm, make sure to check with your chapter president to see where to go.
- Meals: Provided meals during the conference include breakfast and lunch on Monday, April 17 and Tuesday, April 18. There will also be dinner provided during the Volunteer Recognition Event on Sunday evening.
- Volunteer Recognition Event: This event will take place Sunday, April 16, beginning at 5:30 p.m. with beverages and continuing with dinner and a short program. We will be honoring outgoing Regional Executives and announcing the 2023 Success Award winners. Success Award winners will be presented with their awards and can take them home. There will be an opportunity to take photos with your chapter. Dress code for this event is business casual up to cocktail attire.
- Parking and Transportation:
- The address for the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter on the River Walk is: 101 Bowie Street, San Antonio, Texas
- If you plan to park a car, the hotel does have onsite parking available for a daily fee of $43 or valet parking for a daily fee of $55.
- Dress Code: Texas at the end of April can mean warm weather and we want you to be comfortable! The dress code will be casual but like any conference venue, meeting rooms can get chilly so it’s best to bring along a jacket or sweater just in case. If you plan to attend the Volunteer Recognition Dinner on Sunday night, plan for business casual up to cocktail attire.
- What to Bring:
- Although laptops are not required, many find it helpful to have them since materials will be only made available electronically through SpotMe. Please note, there will not be charging stations at the tables but there will be some at the back of the rooms.
- Water bubblers will be available so if you’d like to use your own water bottle rather than the plastic cups, you can bring that with you.
- Professional Headshots: When you registered for LTC there was an opportunity to sign up for a time to get your professional headshot taken. If you signed up for a time, please be sure to show up at the Ballroom Foyer on third floor during that time. Incoming Presidents and Regional Executives should plan to have a professional headshot taken (or provide one to HFMA, you may have done this during LTC registration) as this will be used in an upcoming hfm magazine.
- Conference WiFi Network: To access the network use SSID: HFMA and Password: 2023LTC
- Get Social: We want to hear from you! Throughout LTC, please take pictures and tag #HFMALTC
Questions? Please join us on our April 12 Leadership Connection call where we’ll have dedicated time to talk through all things LTC! If you’re not already registered for the monthly Leadership Connection calls, you can join this month’s via this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83227751280?pwd=YjJ2SmNObXJyQmVMSE5TbUdtQnhCZz09
Marriott Rivercenter Hotel
101 Bowie Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Weekly LTC Registration Report – Updated Monday each week (beginning in January)
Leadership Training Conference 2024
April 21-23, 2024