At a time when healthcare executives must balance intensely competing priorities, 15 healthcare organizations have shown they can address revenue and patient engagement challenges successfully and, as a result, have earned a 2023 HFMA MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle.
This year’s group of winners, announced June 25 in Nashville at the HFMA Annual Conference, tackled some of today’s biggest revenue cycle concerns.
“Our MAP Award winners have achieved excellence in revenue cycle by focusing on patient engagement, workforce development and innovation,” said Ann Jordan, HFMA president and CEO. “Congratulations to all the 2023 High Performance winners.”
Winners of the 2023 MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle include the following organizations, by category:
Integrated delivery system
- Saint Francis Health System, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Ballad Health, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Covenant Health, Tewksbury, Massachusetts
- OhioHealth, Columbus
- ThedaCare, Neenah, Wisconsin
- CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, Texarkana, Texas
- Liberty Hospital, Liberty, Missouri
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
Critical access hospitals
- Henry County Health Center, Inc., Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- Van Diest Medical Center, Webster City, Iowa
- Alo/Avance Care, Durham, North Carolina
- ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP, Tarrytown, New York
- Graves-Gilbert Clinic, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Heart and Vascular Care, Cumming, Georgia
- State of Franklin Healthcare Associates, Johnson City, Tennessee
Graves-Gilbert Clinic is a repeat winner, having won the prize in 2022.
“We are truly honored to be recognized with this High Performance award,” said Steven K. Sinclair, CPA, CFO of Graves-Gilbert Clinic. “While our tradition of clinical excellence dates back more than 85 years, our approach to revenue cycle could not be more contemporary. Our entire revenue cycle team is dedicated to making the financial experience a seamless one for our patients.”
The MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle recognizes providers that have:
- Excelled in meeting the industry-standard revenue cycle benchmark MAP Keys
- Implemented patient-centered recommendations and best practices included in HFMA’s Healthcare Dollars & Sense initiatives
- Focused their efforts on improving price transparency
- Achieved outstanding patient satisfaction
Award recipients are acknowledged as industry leaders and share proven strategies with their colleagues at the annual conference and elsewhere.