Governance of the Association
HFMA’s national officers and Board of Directors, comprised of volunteer leaders of the Association, oversee the Association’s governance and management. The roles, powers, and responsibilities of the Board of Directors and the Association’s officers are defined by the Association’s constitution and bylaws.
Code of Ethics
As a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, I will endeavor to promote the highest standards of professional conduct by:
- Practicing honesty and maintaining personal integrity, including avoidance of conflicts of interest with those of my employer or the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Adhering to high standards of personal conduct.
- Striving for the objective and fair presentation of financial information.
- Fostering excellence in healthcare financial management by keeping abreast of pertinent issues.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Promoting a greater understanding of financial management issues by others in the healthcare field and seeking increased public understanding through communication about such issues.
- Seeking to maintain a reasonable balance between the quality and cost of healthcare.