Data + Insights
- Consumerism Maturity Model
- Data + Insights 3rd party copy save
- HFMA’s MAP Initiative
- HFMA Compensation Benchmarks
- Data + Insights Overview
- Guidehouse Payvider
- HFMA Peer Review
- MAP KEY Connect
- GuideIQ, powered by Guidehouse – pre launch page
- GuideIQ, powered by Guidehouse
- Harness Price Transparency with Turquoise Health
- HFMA Health System Purchase Plans 2023
- HFMA Health System Purchase Plans 2023
- parent page test – jean
- Navigate the Future of Health Equity with Equity Quotient
- Revenue Cycle Management Technology Adoption Model
- The Critical Role of Rehab in COVID-19 Recovery and Beyond
- Digitizing P2P Helps Reduce Costs, Boosts Supplier Relationships
- Supporting financial health with clinical asset reallocation
- Partnering for transformation: SCP Health reduces costs by 28%
- Trends in Hospital Outpatient Revenue Cycle Management
- Mitigating Inflation’s Impact on the Revenue Cycle
- Reduce Readmissions for Complex Pulmonary Patients
- ACO PAC Partnership Survey
- US Healthcare Report: How are Health Systems Embracing IA to Enhance Patient Experience?
- Optimize Physician Reimbursement with Comprehensive, Technology-Enabled RCM Services
- 5 Financial Benefits of Rehabilitation Partnership
- CFO of the Future
- Meeting Today’s Complex Pulmonary Needs Through LTACH Expertise
- How to Maximize your Medigap Market Share
- Improving Patient Financial Engagement Within Rapidly Changing Regulatory Guidelines
- Financial & Clinical Success Through Activity Based Costing
- Know the differences between LTACHs vs SNFs
- What Providers Need to Know about Uncollected Patient Payments
- Now is the Time for Payvider Adoption and Growth
- Get out of the Denial Danger Zone!
- Aging America: Is Your Rehabilitation Program Ready?
- How Health Systems are Navigating their Post-pandemic Future
- Post-Acute Care Survey
- Consumerism After COVID: How to Incorporate a Changing Market Into Your Post-Acute Strategy
- Why team engagement needs to be your number one priority right now
About the Author
Ken Perez: How homelessness and healthcare are inextricably linked
Homelessness is a worsening problem for the United States, and in multiple ways, it is a healthcare issue. Many of our nation’s failed efforts to solve this problem, outlined below, do not fully acknowledge this reality. But a promising new not-for-profit initiative, Built for Zero, may provide a truly viable solution using a data-driven approach…
Ken Perez: 3 strategic options hospitals can use to repair today’s negative margins
The year 2022 has been characterized by some economists as being the worst financial year for U.S. hospitals in decades as expense growth has outpaced revenue increases. As a result, many hospitals and health systems have a pressing need to launch initiatives that can effectively repair their negative operating margins.a Labor shortages and inflation demand…
2022 midterms aftermath: Gridlock or bipartisanship?
Studies conducted over the past several years have found the polarization is increasing in American society.a And not surprisingly, the 2022 midterm elections reflected the deep divisions. Two fiercely contested Senate seats in this past election are emblematic. Democrat John Fetterman won Pennsylvania’s hotly contested Senate race over Republican Mehmet Oz, MD, taking over the seat…
Ken Perez: What U.S. hospitals and health systems can expect from the 2022 IRA
Passed on Aug. 7, 2022, the Inflation Reduction Act has policy provisions that are significant for providers, but overall, it constitutes a mixed bag for hospitals and health systems.
Ken Perez: U.S. demographic realities and the productivity mandate for healthcare
COVID-19’s impact on nursing is undeniable. But focusing too much on the pandemic can obscure longstanding and inexorable demographic trends that are also contributing to growing nursing shortages.
Ken Perez: Healthcare assailed by a labor crisis, with pharmacy technicians particularly affected
The healthcare sector lost more than half a million workers from February 2020 to September 2021, contributing to labor shortages in the sector. An often-overlooked yet important element in this trend is the acute shortage among pharmacy technicians, who play a vital role in the delivery of pharmacy services.
Ken Perez: Healthcare plays a pivotal role in the fate of the Democrats’ social spending bill
Characterized by some as the centerpiece of President Joe Biden’s agenda, the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion budget plan is still very much a work in progress.
Two infrastructure bills have significant implications for healthcare and bipartisanship
Congress’ handling of two mammoth bills may well determine the political tone in Washington and whether there will be any room for bipartisanship for the remainder of President Joe Biden’s term.
Herd immunity and the prospect of seeing an end to the COVID-19 crisis
There are widespread expectations that the United States will achieve herd immunity against COVID-19 within the coming year, and possibly by this summer.
The fall of Haven, but the persistence of Amazon
Although many might have viewed the decision by Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorgan Chase to shut down Haven, their ambitious joint venture, as a setback for Amazon, in particular, there is good reason to believe Amazon has not given up plans for a deeper involvement in healthcare.