Follow us on Facebook and join us on LinkedIn and get notified when new jobs are posted.
Full Job Description
Centennial Medical Group, CMG, a division of CHI Mercy Health (Commonspirit Health), is a multispecialty physician group with offices in the Roseburg area. Centennial Medical Group was formed in 2009 and was named in honor of the centennial anniversary of CHI Mercy Medical Center, which was founded in 1909.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CMG is the largest multispecialty physician group practice in Douglas County and offers specialty care for all ages. Our professional team of providers includes specialists in orthopedics, cardiology, podiatry, general surgery, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, nephrology, and pathology. CMG, with our 40 providers, continues to grow and serve the needs of the population of the greater Roseburg area. All of our physicians are board certified.
Our providers are dedicated to providing high quality care and to our core values of excellence, reverence, integrity, and compassion. They have spent years training in their specialty and have brought their expertise and commitment to serve the patients of Douglas County and our community
Pay Scale: For salary information please contact Recruitment at (541) 725-3833
Responsible for all financial activities with emphasis on financial analysis. Planning, general accounting/payables/payroll, budgeting, patient financial services, all aspects of the revenue cycle function, and Medicare cost report coordination are also included.
- Actively participates and coordinates the completion of accurate financial, budget, activity and productivity information including variance reports, financial projections and other statistical reports monthly. Summarizes financial data for review with the CMG Physician Director, individual physicians and the CMG Board.
- Ensures alignment/optimization of resources towards achievement of financial goals.
- Recommends operating/capital resources needed to accomplish the business objectives of the assigned facility/clinical area(s) and leads activities and resources in a manner that is fiscally responsible and in accordance with policies and standards.
- Assists the Vice President of Operational Finance with the development and operating, capital and cash budgets of CMG. Exercises effective cost control and makes recommendations for the adjustment of expenses as necessary to stay within budget.
- Assists the Vice President of Operational Finance in the evaluation and development of any financial proformas, practice development agreements and income guarantees.
- Responsible for the management of CMG’s revenue cycle processes and functioning.
- Responsible for approving the department’s accounting payables, account receivables and payroll in coordination with finance and payroll teams.
- Responsible for ensuring billing and office charges are appropriate billed. Oversees audits of billing activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Works with internal auditors for any work related to internal audits of CMG.
- Develops, implements and monitors internal fiscal control measures.
- Keeps appropriate parties appraised of all issues with potential for budgetary/financial impact. Drafts and implements financial policies and procedures as approved by the CMG Physician Director and CMG Board of Directors. Coordinates with the Director of Operations to inform CMG staff of any changes.
- Responsible for personnel management including the appropriate selection, training, supervision, coaching and discipline of direct reports. Responsible for annual evaluations of all direct reports conducting meetings with each employee to evaluate performance and set goals for accountability.
- Assists with other duties including the Medicare annual cost report and other annual agency reporting.
- Three (3) years progressive management experience in accounting, finance or healthcare finance administration required.
- Experience in financial reporting, forecasting, modeling, cash flow management, internal controls and audit procedures required.
- Healthcare Management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of healthcare contracting and negotiation, claims payment and processing procedures preferred.
- Must be a strong self-starter and can work and make independent decisions with minimum direction.
- Must be a motivated leader with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline required.