Marvin Rushkoff Scholarship
The Metropolitan NY Chapter of HFMA is pleased to announce the reinstatement of our chapter scholarship award. The scholarship is as outlined below:
There will be two (2) $1,000 scholarships awarded each year to qualified applicants.
- Members of the Metropolitan NY Chapter HFMA, spouse and dependents of member of Metro NY Chapter. The member must be in good standing with National HFMA and the Chapter. Member in good standing is defined as a member whose dues are current or is identified as a member in transition with National HFMA and has NO outstanding AR with the Metro NY Chapter.
- Must be attending an accredited college or university and show proof of acceptance.
- Must be a matriculated student
- Application will be posted to the website by January 1st of each year and must be received by the designated committee chair on or before June 1st of each year. Only completed applications will be accepted and considered for award.
- Announcement of winner(s) will be contacted by the Executive board and the winners will be published in the nearest Newscast publication.
- Awards are for one year only and will require a new application each year to be considered for the scholarship.
- Members of the Executive Committee /their dependents and spouses are NOT eligible.
- Members of the evaluating committee/ their dependents and spouses are NOT eligible.
Evaluation of Application:
- The committee chair will receive all applications.
- The evaluating committee will consist of the scholarship chair, co-chair and executive committee.
- The scholarship chair and co-chair will refrain from voting, the executive committee will be the voting members and winner(s) will be chosen by majority.
Applications will be weighted based on the following criteria:
|Field of Study
|GPA of most recent semester completed
The committee will meet to set criteria within each category in order to weight each application fairly and evenly.
Marvin Rushkoff Scholarship Application
Application MUST be received on or before April 1, 2024
Applications will be accepted via mail or by email to [email protected]