Dear HFMA Puerto Rico Chapter members,
It’s an honor and privilege to serve you all this new year, starting on June 1st, 2023, as Chapter President. Our chapter leadership mission and passion is focused on continuing to be facilitators and leaders in the areas of financial management and fiscal challenges in the health industry in Puerto Rico. We will continue to provide quality education to the membership, making resources available to develop their professional and personal careers, providing networking opportunities where ideas, issues, and solutions to the challenges we face in our health industry can be discussed, among other related activities.
We are immensely grateful for the support, trust, and collaboration of all our sponsors during all these years in our chapter and for supporting us during the COVID19 pandemic. Certainly, their collaboration was key to being able to provide the membership with educational talks, activities and everything that was carried out during this period. I thank and admire past leaders and patrons for their resilience, stewardship, innovation, and all the resources they provided during the pandemic to keep our chapter and association on the cutting edge, engaged, and relevant with the issues and challenges of the industry.
In this new year, we will continue to follow up on successful initiatives from previous years such as the MAP Academy, where our chapter was recognized in the “Innovation” category last year out of all chapters in the United States.
Areas that we will be developing and working on this year are:
- Value – Recognition of membership contribution and loyalty to the chapter: to recognize our members’ loyalty to the chapter by honoring their years of continuous membership with the chapter.
- Engagement – Succession planning for the next three (3) years: develop and engage early career professionals along with those with more experience so that they can contribute their talents and ideas to the Chapter, the Region and National forums.
- Innovation – HFMA Academy at Work: to lead financial management within all the possible organizations in healthcare on the island. As a local organization it’s time to get involved with and actively support the workplace of our providers’ network.
- Collaboration with other associations on the island.
- Collaboration with other chapters at the National level, including our Region 2 (New York chapters)
- Golf Tournament……is Back – 2024!
- Webinars: educational excellence
- Networking and professional development, including a mentorship program within our chapter.
- Our Annual Healthcare Update 2023 – September 15, 2023
- PR Chapter Christmas Party! December 2023 – Coming Soon
- Mini LTC 2024 – Come with us to explore all the opportunities, benefits and great times participating in our board of directors and leadership.
- And other activities to add value to our membership.
All these activities, plans, and goals that we have as a chapter are for all our members, industry, and sponsors to benefit from and enjoy.
Our Board, leadership, and I are committed to our membership and look forward to collaborating with all of you this year and beyond. Everyone is important and valuable in our association.
I am very grateful for your trust, support, and enthusiasm!
Lcdo. Jorge L. Santiago Medina, MHSA, FHFMA