Promote Yourself: Accounting & Finance
This program provides an overview of healthcare accounting and finance to strengthen competencies in understanding payment models and revenue management. It consists of 14 courses, each with its own assessment:
- An Overview of Budgeting and Forecasting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Understanding IRS Form 990
- Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement Systems
- Cost Analysis and Management
- Financial Reporting: Revenue and Assets
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Accounting Oversight and Internal Control
- Capital Planning and Financing
- Financial Reporting: Relationships and Procedures
- Financial Reporting: Liabilities and Long-Term Debt
- Investments and Cash Management
- Reimbursement and Managed Care
- Malpractice Insurance and Risk Management
Promote Yourself: Managed Care
This online program provides an overview of the state of managed care today and describes various managed care models affect the quality and cost of health care. It consists of seven courses, each with its own assessment:
- Overview of Managed Care
- Trends in Healthcare Policy
- Essentials of Medicare and Medicaid Managed Care
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Managed Care Contracting and Negotiating
- Provider and Payer Infrastructure and Process
- Managed Care Reimbursement Methodologies
Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR)
Healthcare rules are becoming more complex. Patients are demanding a better experience. Your staff is being held at a higher level of accountability than ever before.
With the industry's shift from volume to value, it is essential that revenue cycle staff have a broad understanding of the contemporary revenue cycle and how it influences the financial outcomes of the organization.
HFMA's CRCR is the only content available today that provides a national-level certification for addressing the contemporary patient-centric revenue cycle. Discover how comprehensive CRCR training for your revenue cycle staff can help your organization.
Certified Specialist Accounting and Finance (CSAF)
The critical role of accounting and finance requires technical competencies used in decision support for all areas of healthcare management. The course provides an overview of healthcare accounting and finance to strengthen these competencies and address financial reports and statements unique to healthcare. In addition, the program provides a practical overview of risk-sharing arrangements, managed care contracts and profitability ratios.