HFMA has three “directional” strategies within the healthcare finance industry:
- Policies and Perspectives: HFMA has taken a more assertive role in providing our points of view on solutions that drive improvement of the healthcare industry;
- Organizational Performance: HFMA will continue to develop new and enhanced resources targeted directly at improving organizational performance;
- Career Strategies: HFMA will develop new resources and enhance existing tools to support individual development; many through digital technologies. We will broaden our reach to include organizational tools for training and competency development, and healthcare finance for clinical leaders’ curricula.
New career strategies resources, available in digital form include:
- Regular career strategies articles in Notes from National highlighting career support for:
- early careerists and those new to the field;
- management — from the supervisor level up through senior management, and
- executive level issues.
- The restructured Career Center on HFMA’s website contains:
- job postings,
- resume postings, and
- tools designed to help members plan and advance in their careers
- Additional resources such as career planning tools, resume writing, and career coaching will also be available in the Career Center.
- Articles for chapter newsletters will be posted in the Communications toolkit in Chapter Leader Resources area of the website.
- Short PowerPoint presentations on career issues that may be used in chapter education programming will be posted in the Certification and Program Chair toolkits on the Chapter Leader Resources website.
Action requested: read the NfN career strategies articles, regularly check out the Career Center, and actively plan to make career strategies a consistent part of your chapter’s education outreach.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call (800) 252-4362 and ask for Career Services.