How do you help healthcare organizations navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare?
Premier’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution is part of a broader suite of margin improvement tools and capabilities that addresses all major aspects of healthcare operations. We are purpose-built to address unique healthcare challenges through supply chain, finance and workforce management solutions for both acute and non-acute providers. We help control costs and delays by closely linking supply chain operations with finance, accounts payable and clinical operations.
What advice would you offer to healthcare leaders when choosing among vendors?
The pandemic has put pressure on providers to acclimate rapidly across organizations, processes, technology, suppliers and standards of care. This is why Premier has adopted a strategy that will deliver a composable enterprise solutions approach — rather than a monolithic, all-in-one architecture. In addition, our SaaS-based technology affords us the opportunity to fully manage the implementation of our solution, and in return, allows our members to focus on patient care. So, think twice before you outsource the request for proposal process to consulting firms that partner with external vendors to implement services and instead, partner with Premier.
What advice would you share with providers for successful implementation of a new product or service?
- Delivering results takes time, dedication and follow-through. Start by focusing on alignment within the organization, launch a change-readiness initiative, and finally, assess and incorporate learnings.
- Good data is the foundation of most successful implementations. Establish a solid baseline understanding before work begins, so you not only know where you started but have proof of your success. Use your data as an objective tool for comparison before, during and after the project begins.
- Leadership buy-in is critical. Establish executive support and strong cross-functional governance in order to share ownership and accountability.
- The only results that matter are the ones you can measure. Set key performance indicators and monitor results after implementation.
- 3 years on the Short List
- 100% of peer reviewers agree or strongly agree that Premier’s ERP delivers good value for the cost.
About Premier Inc.
Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of more than 4,400 U.S. hospitals and health systems and approximately 225,000 other providers and organizations to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and consulting and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. Please visit Premier’s news and investor sites on www.premierinc.com. as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Premier’s blog for more information about the company.
To learn more about HFMA’s Peer Review program, visit hfma.org/peerreview