This spreadsheet compares relative weights and payment rates for ASC covered surgical procedures at the HCPCS level, using the 2024 Addendum AA (December 27, 2023) compared to 2023 Addendum AA (September 21, 2023, file), as downloaded from the CMS website. It also includes an HCPCS lookup tool that allows the user to pull-up basic descriptive and payment information for a code, and contains 6 tabs as follows:
- Addendum AA Comparison: compares 2023 and 2024 status indicators, relative weights, and payment rates for ASC covered surgical procedures in HCPCS order.
- Addendum AA Sorted: same as previous tab but sorted by percent change in payment rate, from largest percentage loss to biggest percentage gain.
- New ASC HCPCS: displays the new ASC covered surgical procedures.
- ASC Addendum AA Lookup: Allows user to lookup descriptive and payment information on a given HCPCS for ASC covered surgical procedures. User chooses HCPCS in formula bar in cell “B2”. Spreadsheet automatically displays relevant information for the HCPCS. Cells are locked but content can be copied and pasted into another spreadsheet for manipulation.
- Payment Indicators: as supplied by CMS, Addendum DD1 — ASC Payment Indicators for CY 2024
- SC CPX Supplemental File – as supplied by CMS, Code Pairs for the CY 2024 ASC Special Payment Policy for OPPS Complexity-Adjusted C-APCs