Ask the Experts – Medicare Payment
Dale E. Baker is the President of Baker Healthcare Consulting, Inc. (BHC), an Indianapolis-based consulting firm serving over 1,000 acute care hospital clients in forty-four states since 1990. BHC specializes in advising clients on Medicare geographic reclassification and wage index matters. BHC represents over 300 hospitals on Medicare geographic reclassification matters. Mr. Baker is also registered as a federal lobbyist, and works with hospitals throughout the country on selected Medicare payment issues that might be favorably impacted through coordinated national legislative and/or regulatory efforts. Mr. Baker organized over 1,200 hospitals on the Rural Floor Budget Neutrality Provider Reimbursement Review Board appeal and is working with groups of hospitals on the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) computations used to compute Medicare Disproportionate Share payments.
Dan McAfee is a Sr. Managing Director, Payor Contracting and Reimbursement Strategy, for The Godbey Group in Irving, Texas. The Godbey Group is the leader in provider contracting and reimbursement strategy.
Dan’s 20+ years in managed care focuses on: Aetna Health Plans, Texas Health Resources and Medical Select Management IPA.
Specific leadership positions include:
- Senior Managing Director, The Godbey Group: Responsible for client negotiations including; benchmarking, modeling, market analysis with payor and client communications
- Vice President, Medical Pathways: Led provider network contracting, provider relations, credentialing and claims administration for a 5,000 physician IPA
- Vice President: Managed care contracting for hospital and physician network serving 450,000 covered lives
- Vice President, Harris Methodist: Managed care contracting for a multi-hospital health system
- Director of Planning and Finance, & Financial Analyst, Aetna: Regional Managed Care market analysis and strategic planning