Summary checklist for assessing readiness for value-based care
- Do we have a broadly understood multi-year payer strategy to guide specific contacting work?
- Have we realistically assessed our organization’s clinical and financial risk readiness capabilities?
- Will we have sufficient scale and volume of business to motivate a change in physician practice patterns from relative-value units to value-based practice?
- Do we have a well-articulated road map for developing our clinical risk- management capability?
- Do our decision-making processes and organizational structure align with our payer strategy?
- Are our internal and external data being leveraged effectively in all key decision-making?
- Does our organizational culture encourage individuals to set stretch goals and provide the sustained support needed to achieve our goals?
- Do we have the appropriate contract terms in place to protect our organization as we transition to greater levels of downside risk?
See related article: Assembling the essentials for successful population health management