Benefits of Close Relationships between Hospital Systems and Post-Acute Care Providers
- Directs the patient to the right level of care and care site
- Improves quality with better clinical communication across care settings, whether in a facility or home
- Improves patient/provider experiences and reduces costs related to uncoordinated care transitions between acute and post-acute care sites
- Enables differentiated programmatic offerings with consistent patient experience and aligned physician incentives across the continuum of care
- Reduces avoidable readmissions and their associated stress to patients and families, and financial penalties to hospitals
Source: Kaufman, Hall & Associates, LLC.