Please note, job postings are listed until asked to be removed.
Director of Finance
San Antonio Regional Hospital
The role of the Director of Finance encompasses directing the daily operations of the Finance Department following all established policies and procedures of the hospital. Operational responsibilities include Accounts Payable, General Accounting, and Payroll.
- Education: An individual with a Bachelors’ degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of progressive accounting and financial management experience in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge and Skills: Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet programs, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and Managed Care payment systems, and financial forecasting/analysis techniques. Individual must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- License/Certifications: None
- Equipment: Ability to use a personal computer.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the job.
Mission & Vision:
- Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of the people we serve.
- Our Vision is to be the leader in creating healthy futures through excellence and compassion.
Behavior Requirements (select pro):
Essential Job Functions:
A. Independently directs the daily activities of the Finance Department and operates the departments within approved expense budgets.
B. Independently directs preparation of annual Medicare and Medi-Cal program cost reports and documentation, manages related external government program audits, and directs all Medicare appeal work for appeals filed by internal staff or outside consultants.
C. Directs the preparation of the Hospital’s operating and capital budgets and the related periodic budget comparison reporting and analysis.
D. Independently directs the preparation of the general ledger, the Hospital’s financial statements, and the maintenance of all internal audit schedules and related internal controls.
E. Serves as an active member of the Hospital’s Budget Committee, Operations Committee, and Capital Acquisition Committee.
F. Coordinates the Hospital’s annual external financial audit, including preparation of the audited financial statements for SACH and all consolidated corporations.
G. Independently directs the Hospital’s regulatory reporting functions, including the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) quarterly and annual reports, Medi-Cal MIRL reporting and documentation, and Internal Revenue Service Form 990, all Form 5500 reports, and state Form 199’s.
H. Oversees the Hospital’s cash control systems, assists with the maintenance of banking relationships, and directs related bank reconciliation work.
I. Calculates, documents, and analyses the Hospital’s monthly and year-end Medicare, Medi-Cal, Managed Care contractual allowances to assure that Accounts Receivable reported on the Hospital’s Balance Sheet is properly stated.
J. Uses knowledge and skills to continually improve work processes, computer-based systems, and work quality within the Finance Department.
Additional Job Functions:
- Models the hospitals internal and external service standards of listen, be nice, be helpful, and show regard.
- Performs other duties that are consistent with meeting departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume to Isabel Arreola: [email protected]