Chief Financial Officer
Hospital District #1 of Rice County
Lyons, KS 67554
The Chief Financial Officer provide leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital. Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, accounting, and purchasing. Directs procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and adequate account controls. Appraises the hospital’s financial position and prepares financial reports. Analyzes, consolidates and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports. Directs and analyzes general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the hospital’s policies and operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance. CPA preferred. 5-10 years’ experience as an accountant, controller or CFO. Must have thorough knowledge of accounting, finance reimbursement, budgeting, credit and collections as it relates to healthcare.
General Responsibilities include not but not limited to:
- Directs and leads the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Develops operational and capital budgets, in coordination with departmental leadership, which supports the hospitals long term goals.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses
- Monitors and analyzes hospital financial performances in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Provides financial reports and analyses to the hospital’s Board of Directors.
- Assists the CEO in the development of operational goals that may include market share analyses, cost-benefit analyses, and cash flow analyses.
- Develops or leads the preparation of internal financial reports relating to annual audit and cost report.
- Oversees billing and accounts receivable functions by providing direct supervision of the Business Office Manager.
- Prepares and assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Oversees the reconciliations of bank statements.
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to accounts.
- Analyzes financial reports detailing assets, liabilities, and capital depreciation.
- Establishes or recommends to Administration financial and internal control policies to ensure consistent treat of expenses, revenues, and assets and liabilities.
- Arranges for external audit of hospital’s accounts for the annual audit and cost report preparation.
- Prepares applications and reports to third party payers.
- Provide leadership and guidance in analyzing and exploring means of cost based reimbursement relating to hospital operational costs and increasing revenues.
- Provider leadership and guidance relating to Revenue Cycle Management
- Represents the hospital at local, state, or national meetings.
- Assumes additional responsibilities, duties and projects as requested or assigned
About Hospital District #1 of Rice County
Hospital District #1 of Rice County is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital with 2 rural health clinics. The CFO is responsible for leading the organization’s financial accounting, budgeting, and auditing operations. The position provides leadership and guidance in analyzing cost based reimbursement relating hospital operational costs and increasing revenue. The CFO is directly responsible for the Business Office, Registration, Information Technology, and works closely with Health Information Management, Purchasing, and Human Resources. The CFO is responsible for providing financial reports and analyses to the hospital’s Board of Directors. The successful CFO candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, 5-10 years’ experience as an accountant, controller, or CFO. CPA preferred. Generous benefit package and salary is commensurate with experience.
Applicants can go to www.ricecountyhospital.com and find the CFO position. All CVs and inquiries will go through our Human Resources Department, Kim Williams. She can be reached at [email protected] or 620-257-5173, ext717.
Equal Opportunity Employer