March 2023 President’s Message
Fellow HFMA Lone Star Members,
Buenos Dias from the Riviera Maya, Mexico. I’m finally getting some quality time with my family. Our Program Committee did a fabulous job in executing the Winter Conference on February 16 – 17th. I want to thank the Program Committee, with the leadership of Antoinette Washington & Dawn Coats. In addition to the general sessions, the Committee hosted “Building & Sustaining a Cohesive Revenue Cycle”, “Transition to Leadership”, “Graduate Medical Education”, & “ACO: Value-Based Care” Provider Panels. Between In-person & Virtual, a total of 191 registrants participated in the conference. Finally, with the generosity of the attendees, pet supplies were collected and $1,500 was donated to the SPCA of Texas.
Upcoming Events for the rest of the FY23 Year:
- Region 9 Webinar Tuesday, March 14th (11.30-12.30p) – Transmittal 18 (2552-10) Updates on Cost Report Forms & Instructions, worth 1.0 CPE.
- HFMA Lone Star Webinar March 15th (12-1p) – Hot Topics In Healthcare & (1.15-2.15p) 2022 Capital Markets Recap & 2023 Outlook for NFP Health Systems, worth a total of 2.0 CPEs.
- Region 9 Webinar Tuesday, April 18th (11.30-12.30p) – Collaboration Strategies with Your Outsourced Revenue Cycle Management Vendor, worth 1.0 CPE.
- Please join us on Thursday, March 23rd (5.30-7.30p) at The Porch Pour, Midlothian TX for an opportunity to meet new acquaintances.
- The following month, the Chapter will host an event in Fort Worth by the TCU football stadium (RSM offices) on Thursday, April 20th (6-8p).
- On Saturday, April 15th, give back to the community by volunteering at the SPCA Strutt Your Mutt Run @ Fair Park! The chapter is looking for volunteers to assist with registration and hand out water/snacks, and medals for the runners. This event is open to families and children. REGISTER BY MARCH 15 to receive a volunteer tee shirt.
Please register your attendance on the Chapter website https://www.cvent.com/c/calendar/a70cbf51-0875-4db6-a80b-b69dc11093c1 I look forward to catching up at a future event!
Timothy R. Nese, FHFMA, CPA
2022 – 2023 Lone Star Chapter President