How consumer-centric is your organization’s patient financial experience?
What can you do to improve it, based on your organization’s current level of consumerism maturity? HFMA’s new Consumerism Maturity Model builds on our industry-consensus consumerism best practices to guide hospitals and health systems in their efforts to improve their patient financial experience.
Take the self-assessment and plug in your scores and other metrics to our online calculator. You will learn whether your organization’s consumer maturity level is consumer-centric, emerging, initiating, or undeveloped. You can then use the specifics from your Consumerism Maturity Index Score to create a process improvement plan that is tailored to the needs of your organization and patient population. From scheduling appointments to resolving preauthorizations to submitting claims—and much more—you will come out of this self-assessment process with a road map for improving your patient financial experience.
- Learn how to use the Consumerism Maturity Model.
- Download the full report, "Maturity Model Measurement Tools for Consumerism in Healthcare."
- Read the executive summary of the report, "Maturity Model Measurement Tools for Consumerism in Healthcare."
- Read FAQs about the Consumerism Maturity Model and how to use it.
- Meet the Consumerism Maturity Model Task Force.