The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) announced the 2019 winners of the MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle, including three integrated delivery systems, three health systems, seven individual hospitals, one critical access hospital, and six physician practices.
HFMA’s MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle recognizes providers that have excelled in meeting industry standard revenue cycle benchmarks (MAP Keys®), implemented the patient-centered recommendations and best practices embodied in HFMA’s Healthcare Dollars & Sense® initiatives and achieved outstanding patient satisfaction. Award recipients are acknowledged as industry leaders and share proven strategies with their colleagues.
"Consumers expect more from their financial experience in healthcare these days, and rightfully so," said HFMA President and CEO Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA. "Our award winners have achieved excellence in revenue cycle by valuing patients in their role as healthcare consumers and shaping the financial experience accordingly. Congratulations to all of the 2019 High Performance winners."
Upon being notified they had received the award, Baylor Scott & White Health Senior Vice President of Revenue Cycle Sarah Knodel said, "This award is a testament to the dedication and focus of our revenue cycle leadership and staff to sustain and improve upon our performance. Our focus has always been to continually refine and optimize our processes to meet the financial goals of the organization and to deliver the best experience we can to the patients we serve."
Winners of the 2019 MAP Award for High Performance include the following organizations:
Winning integrated delivery systems:
- Geisinger Health System; Danville, Pa.
- Baylor Scott & White Health; Dallas, Texas
- Saint Francis Health System; Tulsa, Okla.
Winning health systems:
- OhioHealth; Columbus, Ohio
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare; Edgewood, Ky.
- Mercy Health; Mason, Ohio.
Winning individual hospitals:
- CHRISTUS St. Michael Hospital; Texarkana, Texas
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center; Birmingham, Ala.
- St. Luke’s Hospital; Chesterfield, Mo.
- Rochester General Hospital; Rochester, N.Y.
- Dignity Health Sequoia Hospital; Redwood City, Ca.
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center; Portland, Ore.
- Unity Hospital; Rochester, N.Y.
Winning critical access hospital:
- Henry County Health Center; Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Winning physician practices:
- ENT & Allergy Associates, LLP; Tarrytown, N.Y.
- Privia Medical Group; Arlington, Va.
- Genesis Medical Group, LLP; Zanesville, Ohio
- St. Elizabeth Physicians; Crestview Hills, Ky.
- St. Mary Physicians Group; Langhorne, Pa.
- Virginia Eye Institute; Richmond, Va.
The award will be formally presented on June 25 at HFMA’s Annual Conference in Orlando. Epic is the proud sponsor of the celebratory breakfast for the MAP Award winners during Annual Conference.