The Founders Award Program awards volunteer service with points towards awards. Learn more.
Founders Award recipient roster – lists Founders Awards received by all members of your chapter
Founders Points Update Form – use this form for changes or deletions to existing points
New Founders Awards Process:
- January 15: HFMA emails the Founders Report and Founders Award Eligibility Report to each chapter’s Founders Contact and/or President. In the email HFMA indicates that the address the Founders Awards are sent to will also be the address the President’s Award (clock) will be sent to.
- January 15-February 10: Chapters validate Founders report and make any changes using the Founders Points Update Form (above). Chapter signs off via a Cvent survey to indicate the validation process is complete and to provide the address the awards should be shipped to. The Founders Points Update Form can be uploaded to the survey if changes are required. If Medal of Honor awards are needed, those are requested using current Cvent survey.
- February 16-17: HFMA orders Gold Awards and Presidents Awards from Awarding You and requests they be shipped to HFMA office so all Founders Awards and Presidents Awards can be shipped to chapters together.
- February 16-22: HFMA pulls Founders Eligibility Report and sends final copy to chapters to indicate the awards being ordered.
- February 16-28: HFMA prints requested certificates and preps for mailing.
- March 1-10: HFMA ships all awards
- June 1: Quarterly Founders Award ordering deadline for chapters
- September 1: Quarterly Founders Award ordering deadline for chapters
- December 1: Quarterly Founders Award ordering deadline for chapters
Founders Award order forms
Bronze, Silver and Golds Awards Order Form – Use this form to submit during one of the Quarterly Submission Deadlines – June 1, September 1, December 1. This order form is not needed for the Spring submission since that is initiated by the Association (see timeline above).
Medal of Honor Form – The chapter president should complete this form based on approval by the chapter board of directors. Submit your request at least 45 days prior to date needed. Please be aware this timeframe is based on material availability.
Founders Points Review & Entry Process
Review and enter Founders points for individual or multiple members
From the Founders points review and entry page select review or enter. Members are sorted alphabetically by first name. Download these instructions on how to review and enter points using the online system.
Update committee participation to update Founders points
From the Chapter Leadership Roster Information Page, select the leadership year from the drop down window and follow the instructions for entry. Updating the roster will also automatically assign the appropriate number of Founders points based on the entries.
View and verify all chapter member points
From the Chapter Reports page, scroll down to the Chapter Founders Report. The report lists member ID, name, converted start count, and any points added to date for all your chapter members. The Chapter Founders Report will show Founders points in “real-time.” Do not use this report to determine awards eligibility.
Review and verify Founders Award listing
By January 15, 2023 the Association will run the Founders Award Eligibility Report for 2023 awards and send this report to each chapter’s Founders Contact and/or President. It will then be up to the Chapter to review the list and submit your approval via a Cvent verification survey. If you need Founders Awards outside of this timeframe, there will be three submission periods when orders can be sent quarterly – June 1, September 1 and December 1 with the 2023 Founders Awards Order link below. Please note, the Medal of Honor award will need to be ordered by the Chapter using the current order request process year-round since that award requires Chapter Board approval.
Note: Running the Founders Award Eligibility Report before all points have been entered in could change the awards data.