Georgia Chapter Job Bank
Controller General Accounting
Hilton Head Regional Hospital
Full Time Days
About Hilton Head Regional Healthcare:
Hilton Head Regional Healthcare provides comprehensive healthcare to the Lowcountry at four locations including Coastal Carolina Hospital, Hilton Head Hospital, the Bluffton Medical Campus and the Bluffton-Okatie Outpatient Center. Coastal Carolina Hospital (CCH) is a 41-bed acute care hospital located in Hardeeville, S.C., serving the medical and healthcare needs of Jasper and Beaufort counties since November 2004. Hilton Head Hospital (HHH) is a 109-bed acute care hospital located on Hilton Head Island, S.C. Opened in 1974, HHH serves Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Okatie and surrounding counties. All facilities are owned and operated by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Both hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency. Learn more about Hilton Head Regional Healthcare at www.hiltonheadregional.com.
Job Description Summary:
The Controller assists the CFO in all daily financial operations, including month end close review, analysis and action planning, daily key performance indicator monitoring as well as supply chain and revenue cycle operations oversight. Assists the Market CFO in safeguarding hospital assets and ensuring the financial statements, including the books and records, are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP. Provides hands-on training, continuous improvement and assistance to department leaders and staff related to market financial operations. Responsible for preparation of the Market’s annual detailed operating budget, routine forecast preparation and adherence to audit requirements for GME and Lab. The Controller has responsibility for Shared Services, Lab and GME entities as well as other market support as appropriate.
- Participates in the market's long-term and short-term financial process; makes recommendations, analyzes deficiencies and prepares reports as needed.
- Provides director level oversight for finance teams with Lab and GME.
- Functions in lead role with hospital controllers to optimize performance with finance team in the markets.
- Works with market department leaders and staff to develop work plans to improve financial operations and quantify financial impact of improvement projects.
- Stays attune to activities within the Internal Audit department to ensure compliance.
- Completes self-audit risk assessments. Ensures SOX compliance and regularly reviews and audits practices within the organization and affiliates.
- Responsible for timely and accurate month-end reporting and performance analysis for both revenue and cost to budget/forecast. Working knowledge and responsibility for balance sheet reconciliation review. Will also identify areas of shortfall and assist in the development of mitigation plans.
- Completes all quarterly/routine forecasts in a timely and accurate fashion for the CFO review and approval.
- Responsible for the annual operating budget process for the market entities including collection of information, obtaining input from department leaders and determining ways to accomplish budget goals efficiently and effectively.
- Assists department heads in program planning; including organizational goal achievement, budgeting, facilities, equipment, supplies, utilization and statistical/financial reporting.
- Responsible for preparing revenue, cost and service line analysis as well as pro forma development as needed.
- Works closely with CFO on initiatives to ensure successful management of financial operations.
- Be able to perform responsibilities of CFO if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE CONTROLLER GENERAL ACCOUNTING FULL TIME DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent minimum experience requirements.
Experience Required: Five (5) years working in hospital accounting or finance.
Seven (7) years working in hospital accounting or finance.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR submit an application via this link: https://tenet.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=2205029399&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.Yx9QiSjcLuI.mailto