Director of Accounting
Phoebe Putney Health System
WittKieffer is excited to support Phoebe Putney Health System in their search for the next https://www.wittkieffer.com/position/24976-director-of-accounting/.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a thriving, not-for-profit health system with a net revenue of $900 million. Located in Albany, GA, Phoebe Putney Health System is a four-hospital network that provides compassionate, high-quality healthcare to more than 950,000 residents in a 42-county region. They have been the recipient of many awards and accolades over the years, and recently received its seventh straight Leapfrog “A”.
The Director of Accounting will report to the Vice President/Controller and be responsible for managing the financials and statistical data of the hospital and its subsidiaries. This includes timely reporting at the end of each month. Additionally, the Director will handle the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for the department, oversee accounting staff, manage payroll, handle expense recording, tax payments, coordinate the annual audit, and manage the hospital’s cash management plan, among other duties. This is an onsite role based in Albany, GA.
The successful Director of Accounting candidate will:
- Oversee the month-end close process, including journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and financial statement preparation.
- Coordinate with all division management during various month-end and audit processes.
- Formulate policies and procedures to maintain sound fiscal management and accounting operations. Assure that accepted accounting principles, as well as specific local, State and Federal financial record-keeping and reporting regulations are met.
- Provide overall management and supervision to the department’s staff. Evaluate the work of all direct reports.
- Act as liaison and provide guidance in the conduct of the annual audit of the hospitals by the systems firm of independent certified public accountants.
The preferred candidate will possess seven or more years in a healthcare financial management or related setting with three years of supervisory experience. An MBA or CPA is required.
Please direct all applications, inquiries, and nominations to Eleanor Vogelsang using the https://apptrkr.com/4574112 or via email, at: [email protected]. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position.
Director of Finance Medical Practice
Athens Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Athens Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine P.C., the leader in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep medicine in the Athens area since 1979. After serving the Athens area for over 40 years, Athens Pulmonary has developed a long-standing reputation for excellence among patients, physicians and hospitals. Our board certified physicians provide comprehensive consultative, diagnostic, and therapeutic services for patients with illnesses that affect the lungs and breathing ability.
Director of Finance Medical Practice Athens GA our client Athens pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, the leader and pulmonary critical care and Sleep Medicine, located in Athens. Has an exciting opportunity to join their team as Director of Finance.
Candidates must have previous financial experience with at least 5 to 10 years in a super supervisory and leadership role preferably in a medical practice or health care organization bachelor’s degree in business accounting or related field or equivalent related experience required it is CPA preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business accounting or related field or equivalent related experience required
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please send resumes to Richard Ballard at: [email protected]
Vice President, Northern Region Chief Financial Officer
Vice President, Northern Region Chief Financial OfficerBallad Health and WittKieffer have partnered in search for a Vice President, Northern Region Chief Financial Officer (Regional CFO). The Northern Region CFO will be based in/around Kingsport, TN and is anchored by a large, complex tertiary hospital, along with several other community-based facilities representing over $1B in revenue. This is an exceptional opportunity for an operationally-minded finance leader who is committed to partnering with clinical teams, to ensure strong labor management and case management. The Regional CFO will work in a high matrix health system environment, with the majority of finance functions served by corporate shared services (i.e., Accounting, FP&A, etc.).
Reporting to the Regional President, the Regional CFO will have a strong reporting relationship with the system’s financial leadership team and will be expected to be a consummate team player across the system.
This leader will bring a depth of experience within a high-performing, high-volume complex delivery system, and appreciates working through matrix working relationships to deliver the best care; as well as be very focused on expense reduction strategies.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Confidential inquiries, nominations and expressions of interest can be submitted to the WittKieffer Candidate Portal by clicking https://apptrkr.com/4343965. For additional questions, please contact the consultants supporting this search, Daniel Young through the office of Taeler Kaufmann, preferably via email at https://tinyurl.com/4cesnhpp or (630)-575-6157.
Financial Analyst 2
Georgia Department of Community Health
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) is one of Georgia’s four health agencies serving the state’s growing population of over 10 million people. DCH serves as the lead agency for Medicaid, oversees the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) and Healthcare Facility Regulation, impacting one in four Georgians.
Through effective planning, purchasing and oversight, DCH provides access to affordable, quality health care to millions of Georgians, including some of the state’s most vulnerable and under-served populations. Six enterprise offices support the work of the agency’s three program divisions. DCH employees are based in Atlanta, Cordele and across the state. DCH is committed to providing superior Customer Service and Communication, embracing Teamwork and fostering Accountability to ensure that our internal and external customers and stakeholders feel included, respected, engaged and secure.
DCH is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Financial Analyst 2 position for the Office of Financial Reimbursement. This is a hybrid position that requires in-office and remote work with the approval of your supervisor. Your days of frequency in the office can change at any time during your employment based on the business needs of the organization.
Under general supervision, performs professional level finance, accounting and fiscal control functions. Performs and/or oversees financial planning, documentation, analysis, reporting and system development. May coordinate the design or implementation of financial/accounting/budget related systems and reports.
- Prepare, reconcile, and perform analysis on Medicaid reimbursement rates and supplemental payments.
- Assist with the implementation of Medicaid provider reimbursement methodology and supplemental payment methodology changes related to specified categories of service(s).
- Review and prepare the reimbursement rate and supplemental payment elements on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Retrieve cost settlement data from vendor websites and other reliable sources and complete calculations.
- Create, update, and maintain templates used for various reimbursement rates and supplemental payments. Maintain provider files to include all documentation, rates, and correspondence in Laserfiche for logging and tracking purposes.
- Assist in the review of the departmental or policy changes which may impact the unit’s settlement payments or rate calculations.
- Assist in the review of state and federal reporting regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures enacted into law to determine impact on Medicaid policy.
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND One year of professional experience in a related area OR Associate’s degree in a related area from an accredited college or university AND Two years of experience in a related area OR Two years of professional experience in general accounting, billing and collection systems and/or claims.
- Preferably Accounting, Finance or Business experience in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Intermediate Excel skills – Creating Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP Functions, SUMIF Functions, Concatenate Function, Text to Column Function. One year of experience in a related area or two years of professional experience in general accounting, finance or claims analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area from an accredited college or university OR Associate’s degree in a related area from an accredited college or university.
$37,970.99 – $47,101.00
Instructions for Resume Submission:
EARN MORE THAN A SALARY! In addition to a competitive salary, the Georgia Department of Community Health offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account.Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SATISFACTORY APPLICANT POOL HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE LISTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. CURRENT GEORGIA STATE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO STATE PERSONNEL BOARD (SPB) RULE PROVISIONS. THE POSITION MAY BE FILLED AT A LOWER OR HIGHER POSITION LEVEL.
This position is unclassified and employment is at-will. Candidates for this position are subject to a background history and reference check. For more information about this job contact: http://dch.ga.gov or apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dchga/jobs/4068202/financial-analyst-2-00056426
Chief Financial Officer & VP, Business Systems
Kaiser Permanente/ The Southeast Permanente Medical Group
Kaiser Permanente / The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) is excited to announce an opening for Chief Financial Officer & VP, Business Systems. The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) is one of Georgia’s largest independent, physician-owned, multi-specialty medical groups. More than 600 physicians and 200 associate practitioners work together in a unique integrated care model to provide high-quality care to over 315,000 Kaiser Permanente members. Care is delivered at 26 medical offices featuring state-of-the-art equipment, labs, imaging services, and pharmacies. We also provide surgical services and around the clock care at some of the area’s top hospitals.
Atlanta, our home for more than 30 years, is a thriving metropolis that blends southern charm with modern art, music and culture. Learn more about our beautiful southern city at www.atlantaga.gov.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We maintain a drug and nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO/VP Business Systems sets the strategic direction for TSPMG’s financial and analytic functions and provides executive leadership for the financial integrity and performance of the Medical Group. Plans, develops, and directs accounting, payroll, tax, analytics, data management, revenue management, budgeting and projections, productivity measurements, financial services, reporting, and support functions. Responsible for negotiating and coordinating all funding and reimbursement with Kaiser Foundation Health Plan. Partners with the TSPMG executive team to sponsor regional initiatives with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and National initiatives with the Permanente Federation. Responsible for all activities related to Revenue Cycle, Oversees Business intelligence (i.e., data, reporting and analytics) for the region’s electronic medical record (KPHC) including medical informatics, system build, technical solutions, and deployment of functionality. Provides technology solutions and intelligent automation for the medical group, ensuring efficient integration, performance, and stability. Collaborates closely with key stakeholders on the development and professional contracting strategy and contract management within the Georgia Service areas.
- Minimum of ten years of comprehensive experience in relevant financial management. Public accounting or internal audit experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of health care experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience with revenue cycle, cost management, financial analysis, and budgeting techniques.
- Experience with major financial software systems. Significant involvement in major system implementation as user preferred.
- Experienced with matrix management techniques. Successful experience in achieving results through people in complex organization.
- Strong computer skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Knowledge of technology in health care organizations including but not limited to electronic medical records and other clinical ancillary systems and intelligent automation
- Knowledge of data management and warehousing, reporting and analytical services.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Ten to fifteen years health care experience preferred.
- Experience with HMO and/or medical group practice
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA
TSPMG offers a competitive salary, a generous retirement package, paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, long and short-term disability, relocation allowance, and more. We also offer numerous clinical and non-clinical learning opportunities and physician leadership development.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please submit your application to:
In addition to your CV, please include a personal statement that briefly answers these questions:
- What do you feel qualifies you for this position?
- What is your vision for delivering high-quality, affordable care that is respectful of our diverse membership backgrounds and needs?
- How would you deliver on the primary accountabilities of the role?
- How would you describe your leadership style, using examples?