Manager Revenue Cycle Reporting and Analytics
Wellstar Health System
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what’s possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people’s lives.
The Manager Revenue Cycle Reporting and Analytics manages staff responsible for creating, maintaining, and overseeing Epic reporting related to understanding all things revenue cycle related. This role serves as a subject matter expert for all reports created and maintained by their staff. This manager is responsible for managing various department reports, both ad-hoc and routine. They will assist in the identification of areas where additional reporting opportunities may be needed. They will work with the other Revenue Cycle departments with the building and modeling of reports or presentations of other potential areas where reporting may highlight need or opportunity for revenue cycle improvements. This position reports to the Executive Director of Revenue Cycle Centralized Operations Support.
Three (3) to Five (5) years Healthcare management or related experience required. Very strong analytical/technical experience working with large datasets.
Epic Workbench/Clarity/Cubes/Slicer Dicer reporting experience preferred.Ability to identify trends in large data sets.
Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, related field. Prefer Masters
Please go to the following link to apply online:
Founded in 1978, B.E. Smith is the trusted partner in Interim Leadership and Executive Search solutions for organizations across the healthcare continuum. Exclusive to the healthcare industry, B.E. Smith’s personalized placement methodology best matches organizations with professionals to advance clinical, financial and operational performance. B.E. Smith’s proven track record includes the placement of more than 6,000 leaders into healthcare organizations nationwide. For more information visit www.besmith.com.
Sunny Georgia is calling! Join Tanner Medical Center as their new Controller!
- The Controller will be responsible for the oversite and day-to-day functional responsibilities including payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, and external audits.
- Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller will assist with the selection, training, and evaluation of staff members and will provide feedback and developmental planning.
- The Controller will be willing to further develop personal skills and education in a proactive approach to ensure that future needs and goals within the healthcare system are met.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strategic vision for the financial operations with the system and will actively serve to provide financial resources to meet initiatives.
- Will assist the Vice President of Finance when needed, while simultaneously overseeing approximately 15 FTEs throughout the department.
- The Controller will both provide strong leadership and demonstrate a positive attitude towards all staff and customers, including negotiations and technical matters regarding both internal and external transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required. Masters or CPA certification preferred.The Organization
- Tanner Health System is a five-hospital nonprofit health system providing convenient, personalized healthcare to communities across west Georgia and east Alabama.
- Tanner’s medical staff is comprised of more than 400 physicians and advanced practice providers, representing 34 medical specialties.
- As a community healthcare organization Tanner’s provider are more than just providers, they are a part of the community. They not only care for their patients, but care for their neighbors, friends, and loved ones. Tanner prides themselves in employing a unique group of professionals who believe in bringing care to surprising places while serving a tight-knit, rural community.
- Nationally and internationally recognized among the best hospitals and healthcare systems, Tanner Medical Center has received a number of awards. To include Atlanta Business Chronicle’s “Best Places to Work”, numerous Health grades awards for best specialty programs in Orthopedics, Pulmonary Care and Cardiac. Along with being awarded the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Score, “A” Rating for Patient Safety.
- Located about an hour west of Atlanta, Carrollton, GA is a thriving small town with surprisingly big appeal. From a rich and colorful local arts scene to an uncommon variety of outdoor amenities, the city truly offers something for everyone.
- Have a love for the outdoors? Check out the best-in-state disc-golf course, bike the Carrollton greenbelt or zip-line on the world’s longest canopy tour at historic Banning Mills.
- Or for the more indoor folks, enjoy one of the many performances at the AMP, visit one of the numerous exhibits at the Center for the Arts and Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum. Then grab a bit to eat at one of the many diverse restaurants, wineries and breweries and enjoy some live entertainment.
- With highly rated city and county K-12 systems, the Carrollton County schools rank second in Georgia for the most diverse districts. There are two state colleges nearby, Carrollton is altogether invested in education.
Director Patient Access
Department: Revenue Cycle Administration
Responsible for implementing and supporting the strategic vision for assigned hospital-based Patient Access Services (PAS) functions. Providing direction for administrative, financial and managerial functions relative to PAS operations. Functional areas that could report to this position include hospital-based Patient Access Services (Registration, Arrival, and Financial Counseling), centralized Scheduling, Pre-Registration and Pre-Certification departments, plus other tangential functions as assigned.
The incumbent serves as the leader of PAS for the assigned Piedmont hospital to internal and external organizations, including government agencies, payer organizations, external auditors, and business partners.
Minimum Education Required:
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
Minimum Experience Required:
At least seven (7) years of Revenue Cycle experience and (5) years of Leadership experience in Patient Access-related functions (Pre-Registration, Financial Clearance, Financial Counseling Arrival and Registration, and Authorization/Referral/Precert Management) within a progressive healthcare environment.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required by Law:
Leader or member of a revenue cycle transformation effort where key functions were reviewed for standardization and centralization. Previous experience using or implementing Epic. A Master’s Degree from a recognized college or university in Health Care Administration or Business Administration.
- Lead assigned PAS functions including Registration and Financial Counseling and other functional areas reporting into the local PAS organization.
- Participates with the development and leads the hospital-based implementation of efficient and effective operational policies, processes, tools, and educational materials within all functional areas that report to PAS.
- Create a work environment for employees through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourage creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance. Encourage and supports employee decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
- Accountable for KPIs for assigned Patient Access operations. Responsible for measurement and reporting of ongoing financial and operational performance. Ensure the implementation of action plans where performance is not meeting expectations. Recognize areas of excellence.
- Communicate and address issues that may be impeding performance, including technology or processes effectively and proactively.
- Ensure PAS employees comply with established policies, processes, and quality assurance programs.
- Work positively with CFO or other Hospital leadership to ensure that needs/concerns/requests in relation to Patient Access processes are being addressed proactively and in a way which does not negatively impact efficiencies or operational flows established.
- Build strong relationships and facilitate productive communication between key revenue cycle stakeholders, including peer leaders of revenue cycle services and core support departments (e.g., human resources, business support services, finance).
- Participates in and, where appropriate, leads cross functional revenue cycle projects.
- Completes any duties and special assignments as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to lead and motivate to staff
- Self-directed with the ability to work with various stakeholders and teams
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions as well as the ability to collaborate effectively to make decisions with other leaders
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and multiple interruptions
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity and presentation tools (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) as necessary; general computer skills necessary to work effectively in an office environment.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Provider-Patient Advocacy Paralegal / Legal Analyst
The Gibson Firm | Healthcare Law
N. Metro Atlanta (Woodstock, GA) law firm specializing in healthcare reimbursement law and medical provider advocacy seeks assertive legal analyst/paralegal. This full-time position begins 100% in-office with future potential for 50/50 in-office/work-from-home – a great opportunity with a growing law firm!
- Critical thinking, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong persuasive communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Medical insurance, provider billing, collections, or sales experience a plus, but not required
- No prior law firm experience necessary–will train in our specialty
If tenacious, ambitious, and interested, provide a cover letter, resume, and professional references to [email protected]
Controller General Accounting
Hilton Head Regional Hospital
Full Time Days
About Hilton Head Regional Healthcare:
Hilton Head Regional Healthcare provides comprehensive healthcare to the Lowcountry at four locations including Coastal Carolina Hospital, Hilton Head Hospital, the Bluffton Medical Campus and the Bluffton-Okatie Outpatient Center. Coastal Carolina Hospital (CCH) is a 41-bed acute care hospital located in Hardeeville, S.C., serving the medical and healthcare needs of Jasper and Beaufort counties since November 2004. Hilton Head Hospital (HHH) is a 109-bed acute care hospital located on Hilton Head Island, S.C. Opened in 1974, HHH serves Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Okatie and surrounding counties. All facilities are owned and operated by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Both hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency. Learn more about Hilton Head Regional Healthcare at www.hiltonheadregional.com.
Job Description Summary:
The Controller assists the CFO in all daily financial operations, including month end close review, analysis and action planning, daily key performance indicator monitoring as well as supply chain and revenue cycle operations oversight. Assists the Market CFO in safeguarding hospital assets and ensuring the financial statements, including the books and records, are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP. Provides hands-on training, continuous improvement and assistance to department leaders and staff related to market financial operations. Responsible for preparation of the Market’s annual detailed operating budget, routine forecast preparation and adherence to audit requirements for GME and Lab. The Controller has responsibility for Shared Services, Lab and GME entities as well as other market support as appropriate.
- Participates in the market’s long-term and short-term financial process; makes recommendations, analyzes deficiencies and prepares reports as needed.
- Provides director level oversight for finance teams with Lab and GME.
- Functions in lead role with hospital controllers to optimize performance with finance team in the markets.
- Works with market department leaders and staff to develop work plans to improve financial operations and quantify financial impact of improvement projects.
- Stays attune to activities within the Internal Audit department to ensure compliance.
- Completes self-audit risk assessments. Ensures SOX compliance and regularly reviews and audits practices within the organization and affiliates.
- Responsible for timely and accurate month-end reporting and performance analysis for both revenue and cost to budget/forecast. Working knowledge and responsibility for balance sheet reconciliation review. Will also identify areas of shortfall and assist in the development of mitigation plans.
- Completes all quarterly/routine forecasts in a timely and accurate fashion for the CFO review and approval.
- Responsible for the annual operating budget process for the market entities including collection of information, obtaining input from department leaders and determining ways to accomplish budget goals efficiently and effectively.
- Assists department heads in program planning; including organizational goal achievement, budgeting, facilities, equipment, supplies, utilization and statistical/financial reporting.
- Responsible for preparing revenue, cost and service line analysis as well as pro forma development as needed.
- Works closely with CFO on initiatives to ensure successful management of financial operations.
- Be able to perform responsibilities of CFO if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE CONTROLLER GENERAL ACCOUNTING FULL TIME DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent minimum experience requirements.
Experience Required: Five (5) years working in hospital accounting or finance.
Seven (7) years working in hospital accounting or finance.
Please email your resume to [email protected] OR submit an application via this link: https://tenet.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=2205029399&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.Yx9QiSjcLuI.mailto