Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts: How to Help
HFMA staff and members have followed closely the reports of extensive damage caused by Hurricane Michael and Hurricane Florence. Our heartfelt thoughts and wishes go out to all impacted by the storms. Our commitment to the communities we help and serve is our primary focus. Read a message from HFMA President and CEO, Joe Fifer.
To help hospitals and health systems prepare for emergency situations and mitigate their impacts, HFMA compiled this Disaster Planning Checklist for CFOs of Healthcare Organizations .
- The American Red Cross
- Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA)
- HHS Public Health Emergency site: 2018 Hurricane Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- HHS: Secretary Azar Declares Public Health Emergency in Florida Due to Hurricane Michael
- CMS: Blanket Waivers for Hurricane Michael (PDF)
- CMS: Blanket Waivers for Hurricane Florence (PDF)
- Florida Hospital Association: Hurricane Resources
- Georgia Hospital Association: Hurricane Central
- North Carolina Healthcare Association: Hurricane Florence Information and Resources
- South Carolina Hospital Association: Florence: the Aftermath
- For Hospitals Facing Hurricane Season, Preparation and Practice Are Critical
- Disaster Preparedness Entails Advance Planning, Ability to Adjust
- Podcast: An Insider’s View of Disaster Preparedness