Chief Financial Officer | Emerson Hospital
08 Apr 2021 7:25 AM
Emerson Hospital, located in Concord, Massachusetts, just 20 miles northwest of Boston, seeks an experienced and dynamic financial executive to serve as the system's next Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will be a key member of a strong, nimble senior leadership team with a focus on financial and strategic leadership as Emerson Hospital continues to provide high-quality care to the community. Emerson Hospital's collaborative and nimble culture sets it apart from larger, bureaucratic hospitals, and the next CFO will have the support of a talented management team and Board to do the best work of their career. The position provides an opportunity to use one's skills and experience to make an impact to a single community health system that can be career-transforming for the right executive.
Since 1911, Emerson Hospital has been a trusted not-for-profit, independent healthcare provider in the community. With 179 beds, nearly 1,600 employees, over 400 RNs, and more than 300 physicians, Emerson provides full-service patient care to over 300,000 people across a 25-town service area in a variety of inpatient and outpatient care settings. Emerson is known in the area for tremendous nursing care and strong clinical affiliations with Boston's leading academic medical centers, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham Health and Children's Hospital, that have led to world class care for their patients.
Reporting directly to Christine Schuster, the Chief Executive Officer of Emerson Hospital, the CFO will be in a pivotal role as the organization furthers their strong positioning in the market and surrounding areas. As a key member of the executive team, the Chief Financial Officer will provide leadership and financial oversight for all financial operations. This includes having direct line responsibility for budget and reimbursement, controller’s office, financial reporting, corporate compliance, internal audit, financial planning, revenue cycle, information technology, and managed care contracting. In addition to the financial responsibilities, the CFO will serve as a strategic partner to the CEO, Board, and operations. The CFO should be viewed as an approachable and visible leader, serving as both a mentor to their team while at the same time being seen as a strategic financial executive who can move the organization forward.
The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of healthcare finance experience to the role and be a seasoned executive who is a strategic thinker, creative problem solver, and a professional of the highest integrity. The qualified candidate will need to be a senior financial executive with at least 10 years of healthcare financial management experience. She/he should have success in developing financial systems within a hospital/medical center where information is provided in a timely fashion and revenues and cash flows are optimized. A Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business, healthcare administration or economics, or a CPA is required. Prior experience as a CFO or a Vice President of Finance is required.
Confidential inquiries, nominations and expressions of interest can be submitted to the WittKieffer Candidate Portal by clicking here. For additional questions, please contact Tom Quinn, through the office of Trey Wilson, via email at email@example.com.
Senior Finance Director | MaineGeneral Health
03 Mar 2021 7:44 AM | Anonymous
WittKieffer is partnered with MaineGeneral Health in the search for a dynamic, distinguished leader to serve as its new Senior Finance Director.
MaineGeneral Health is a comprehensive community healthcare delivery system with approximately $560 million in net revenues, serving patients from 88 cities and towns through the Kennebec Valley region of Maine. MaineGeneral Health features a medical center with two campuses: the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta, which provides both inpatient and outpatient care, and the Thayer Center for Health in Waterville, which provides comprehensive outpatient care along with a 24/7 emergency department. In addition to the medical center, MaineGeneral Health also supports the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care and the Kennebec Region Health Alliance PHO. The vast majority of physicians practicing within MaineGeneral Health are employed by the organization.
The Senior Finance Director is a critical and key member of our leadership team reporting directly to the CFO and primarily responsible for reimbursements, managing payer contracts and financial modeling. The incumbent will be part of the senior finance team built upon deep knowledge and experience with exceptional technical and analytical skills.
- Minimum five to ten years of significant healthcare financial planning & analysis experience.
- Maine State Licensure as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- Master's degree or advanced degree in related field is preferred.
- Financial modeling and strong analytical skills required.
All applications, inquiries, and nominations are welcome via the buttons below. Please direct via email to WittKieffer Melinda Morton directly at firstname.lastname@example.org All communication is strictly confidential.
Executive Director of Patient Financial Services | Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
25 Jan 2021 7:45 AM | Anonymous
Position Description: Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center has partnered with WittKieffer for an Executive Director, Patient Financial Services (PFS). Located in Buffalo, New York, Roswell Park is one of the nation’s leading cancer research and treatment centers and is one of the few NCI designated comprehensive cancer and research centers. The main campus occupies 25 acres in downtown Buffalo and consists of the main hospital, ambulatory clinics, and physician offices as well as numerous basic science and clinical research buildings. In addition, there are suburban locations and clinical affiliations with several community oncology practices and hospitals throughout the region.
The Executive Director, Patient Financial Services (PFS) will be responsible for managing and optimizing the quality and efficiency of patient services and reimbursement activities at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. This will include technical billing and collections, cash and remittance posting, denials management, coding, and financial counseling throughout the facility.
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or related field is required and a Master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of revenue cycle or related field experience with at least seven years of supervisory experience. Experience in a hospital business office with a demonstrated record of progressively increasing responsibility is preferred.
- Proven leadership and experience in patient financial services, including financial counseling, coding, and patient accounting.
Please direct all applications, nominations, and inquiries the WittKieffer Candidate Portal at https://candidateportal.wittkieffer.com/description?jobID=22132 or by email to: RoswellParkDirPFS@wittkieffer.com
Chief Financial Officer | Lifespan
07 Jan 2021 5:58 AM | Anonymous
Position Description: WittKieffer has been retained by Lifespan located in Providence, RI, to identify the organization's next Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
With $2.1 billion net patient revenues, Lifespan is the state's first and largest health system. Lifespan is an academic health system affiliated with Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Lifespan's partners include Rhode Island Hospital, including Rhode Island Hospital's pediatric division, Hasbro Children's Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, Bradley Hospital, Newport Hospital, and Gateway Healthcare.
In September 2020, LifeSpan and Care New England announced a letter of intent to merge. This combined system will create a Rhode Island-based, nonprofit academic medical center with Brown University. The new system will include seven hospitals, offering a full complement of specialty, women’s and children’s, and behavioral health, and visiting nurse services, research, and education. More than 23,500 employees will serve the people of Rhode Island and Southeastern New England, from prenatal care and delivery to elder care. While next stage regulatory steps will take place in 2021, if approved, this merger will even further expand the impact of this leadership role in helping integrate these two health systems.
Reporting directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer of Lifespan, Timothy Babineau, M.D., the CFO will lead all matters related to finance across the health system. The CFO is responsible for advising and supporting the executive team and Board of Directors. The CFO will enhance the role that finance will play in developing and advancing strategies, while also ensuring standard and accurate reporting capabilities are embedded within Lifespan. The CFO will play a key role in operational excellence and performance improvement activities, and look for ways to enhance overall efficiencies through benchmarking and standardization. She/he will ensure there is financial rigor and seamless coordination of business plans, pro forma development, and all growth related activities. This position is strongly oriented toward establishing a transparent, collaborative, strategic partner role with the executive leadership team, finance team, and Board of Directors.
The next CFO will be a strong leader and mentor with a proven track record of leading high-performing, service-oriented organizations, as well as relishing dual transformation in the areas of cost containment and growth. Stylistically, the CFO will be both collaborative and decisive, contributing broadly across Lifespan. The CFO will need to be equally comfortable presenting to the Board of Directors and local operating unit teams. Providing balance between strategic and operational finance will be critical to the future success of this executive. The next CFO needs to have the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly growing health system, and enjoy making a meaningful impact through their efforts.
Interested parties should direct all nominations and resumes to the consultants supporting this search, Paul Bohne, Tom Quinn, and Keshia Harris through the WittKieffer Candidate Portal at https://candidateportal.wittkieffer.com/description?jobID=22094.
For additional questions, please contact Keshia Harris preferably via email at email@example.com.
Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer | Madison Miles on behalf of Lawrence General Hospital
21 Dec 2020 12:17 PM | Anonymous
Position Description: Our client, Lawrence General Hospital, a nationally recognized regional medical center, seeks a dynamic finance executive to join the organization as a Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This key senior leader is responsible for the financial stewardship and direction for Lawrence General and its entities through effective business leadership, strategy development, internal controls, operating and capital budget development, revenue cycle, strategic financial planning, monitoring and management. This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior financial leader to make a difference in a gateway city serving a diverse population.
The Chief Financial Officer will guide and direct the financial operations and financial strategy for the organization, functioning as a strategic partner to the Chief Executive Officer and to the executive leadership team. The CFO will establish strong relationships throughout Lawrence General in order to promote teamwork; he/she will drive business strategy initiatives and lead the finance function to provide proactive guidance, consultation and support to the operations team in the attainment of their business objectives and financial performance commitments. The Chief Financial Officer plays an active role with the Board of Trustees, in addition to staffing the Board Finance Committee, the CFO interacts with the Board at large and directly with most other committees.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (accounting/finance) and a master’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field is required; a CPA is desirable.
- Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible financial management experience within a complex health care setting.
- Demonstrated competence in building and leading an effective and cohesive financial division.
- Prior experience working effectively with and making presentations to a Board of Trustees.
- Well-versed in healthcare finance, including reimbursement, billing procedures, managed care, payer contracting, and compliance.
- Knowledge of the application of information technology for business and financial operations as well as the implementation of healthcare informatics.
Confidential inquiries and referrals please contact:
Executive Search and Recruitment
Financial Analyst - Financial Planning | MaineHealth - Maine Medical Center
16 Dec 2020 2:53 PM | Anonymous
Position Description: Maine Medical Center is seeking a Financial Analyst in Portland. The overall purpose and function of the job is to complete specific assigned responsibilities as it relates to budgets, and financial planning. The position is responsible for supporting and assuring accurate preparation of division operating budgets and serves as support for operational departments and assists in the support of Service Lines. Along with the Financial Planning Manager, this position supports the annual operating and capital budget process and ongoing variance and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and reimbursement principles normally acquired through completion of a degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in accounting or finance and the analysis of financial statements and reports, or equivalent experience in a healthcare setting. Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Ability to function within a rapid time period.
- Analytical skills to collect pertinent information necessary to analyze complex problems, formulate sound solutions and implement those solutions.
- Ability to organize workload to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of hospital financial management preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospital administration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, financial computing, and an ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of Maine Medical Center’s financial software.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in multiple disciplines, on a variety of complex issues.
To apply, please click here or visit www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Maine Medical Center: Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Manager – Reimbursement
Full Time, Days
Relocation reimbursement available for qualified candidates!
Cost reporting experience is required.
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Manager - Reimbursement in Portland. The manager is primarily responsible for the coordination of data collection and accurate submission of the System’s member’s Medicare and Medicaid cost reports which includes acting as liaison to all external auditors and consultants regarding reimbursement matters for assigned members; improving processes and relationships whenever possible. The position will actively facilitate cost reporting best practice reviews and team member education.
The position will be responsible for the preparation and/or supervising the completion of monthly contractual adjustment and third party receivable journal entries to division financial statements as well as the analysis and interpretation of variances between performance and budget. The position will perform or coordinate the performance of reimbursement analyses as assigned by the director. The manager will complete or supervise the completion of timely facility enrollment changes and revalidations with third party payers. The manager will have the support and obligation to supervise and train reimbursement department staff.
- BS. CPA, MBA, HFMA preferred or equivalent specific experience in hospital reimbursement.
- Three to Five years’ experience in hospital reimbursement required to include preparation or supervision of the preparation of hospital Medicare cost reports as well as estimating contractual allowances and third party payables/receivables.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to problem solve and work cooperatively with other hospital departments, physicians, the System's reimbursement team and management.
Working at MaineHealth:
With a career at any of the MaineHealth member organizations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals who truly value the people around them – within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – are top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
As part of our dedication to operational excellence, we continually invest in technology, innovation and exceptional people in order to deliver on our promise to the people of northern New England. This includes the Shared Health Record initiative, which has changed the way we deliver healthcare within the state. We believe the electronic health record is a necessary tool in the improvement of healthcare delivery and outcomes. Our investment in the technology to support the electronic health record is nothing short of monumental. This means you’ll have the technology necessary to always ensure an optimal patient experience.
When you join any of our organizations, you’ll find an environment that has the right combination of high-tech and high-touch to deliver the finest care to the people we serve. Join us to learn from – and be surrounded by – some of the best talent in healthcare today.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Northern Light Health Home Office
Sr. Financial Analyst Req #1680 (Remote Opportunity Available)
The Senior Financial Analyst provides a range of services in the Financial Planning & Analysis department of the Home Office. This professional works in a team to offer Financial Planning services, including annual operating budget, capital planning and budgets, long range financial forecasts, and business plans. Collaborates with Home Office and Member staff to achieve superior financial analysis and reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst may be requested to support various committees or task forces to advance the interests of Northern Light Health.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Manager to support the needs of the Associate Vice President Finance & Analytics, Vice President of Finance, Chief Financial Officer and internal and external clients related to Northern Light Health.
In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst must demonstrate and promote excellent customer service, responsiveness, oral and written communication, accurate and supported analysis, and project management skills. To be successful, the individual in this position must be:
- an effective communicator and trainer providing support to all Northern Light Health Members to optimize utilization of the NLH budgeting and forecasting systems,
- provide timely input and analysis into the decision-making process during the development of the various financial plans,
- able to continually demonstrate a thorough understanding of financial operations and proficiency with the budgeting, forecasting, and capital planning tools,
- a role model in the delivery of services that are deemed to be superior in the eyes of the customers.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the development of the operating budget, ongoing system maintenance and variance reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst may be directed to perform the following duties.
- Support the Manager in implementing the budget calendar and providing analysis used to develop annual budget targets.
- Serve as in-house expert, super-user and trainer on the operating budget system, understanding data links with Lawson/Infor and other systems, validation, budget development and variance reporting.
- Stay up to date with Financial Planning software structure and detailed data elements. Participates in software upgrade testing and documents results. Recommends options if issues arise. Assists with implementation and deployment of new software functionality.
- Support the completion of system wide budgets; educate Member staff organizations and assist with problem solving related to operating budget development.
- Complete the monthly processing tasks in a timely manner to ensure that the standard reports and dashboards from the financial decision support system are published within the expected timeframe.
- Assist with consolidating reports and intercompany account reconciliation.
- Accurately generate forecasts and analyze trends in revenues and expenses.
- Compile and maintain documentation to support projections.
- Proactively monitor internal trends to identify risks and opportunities across revenues and expenses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process.
- Monitor results of key strategic initiatives to ensure cost benefit projections are being achieved or plans are adjusted accordingly. Prepares monthly budget spread reports and analysis.
- Prepare monthly budget versus actual analyses based on determined criteria.
- Develop Operating Budget reports for Finance Committee and Board review.
- Perform other operating budget duties as assigned.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the development of the capital budget, ongoing system maintenance, and materials needed for the decision-making process. The Senior Financial Analyst may be directed to perform the following duties.
- Provide analytical support to the Capital Review Committee which oversees capital allocations and approvals and post-implementation reviews. Prepare cost benefit analysis of capital projects.
- Assist with Capital Budget reports for Finance Committee and Board review.
- Compile and analyze capital budget expenditures.
- Develop capital budget limits and targets.
- Perform other capital budget duties as assigned.
Financial Planning Services
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the development of the long-range financial forecast, ongoing system maintenance and related analyses. The Senior Financial Analyst may be directed to perform the following duties.
- Assist in the preparation of the long-range financial forecast.
- Monitor data for positive and negative business and financial trends and proactively alert Manager to potential problems and/or opportunities.
- Integrate new acquisitions, business ventures, and programs into the financial planning processes.
- Support operational performance improvement projects through validation of baseline measurements and targeted goals, measurement of actual results, and performance reporting.
- Develop and present analytical summaries, educational topics, etc., in a professional manner.
- Maintain system-wide policies and procedures related to financial planning.
- Stay current on upgrades and functionality enhancements and ensures that systems are compliant with Information Technology and Information Security Office policies and procedures.
- Provide information and assistance to other departments or leaders as needed.
- Perform other financial planning special projects and job duties as assigned.
- Acts as an effective team member with Business Finance & Analytics staff.
- Develops professional development goals with Manager.
- Completes accurate time tracking information.
Possess excellent customer service, time management, and analytical skills. Written communication skills required as well as project organization. Must maintain institutional, customer and Financial Planning & Analysis department confidentiality. Ability to excel in teams and succeed in a matrix organization. Oral presentation skills a plus. Demonstrates initiative, a professional attitude and a desire toward self-improvement.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of seven years or, Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of eleven years, accounting, financial planning or related experience required. Health care experience a plus.
A working knowledge of financial statement preparation and analysis required. Demonstrates knowledge of projection methodologies and relationships between goals and finances. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to coordinate the work of others and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally) with all levels of management in a multi-corporate structure.
Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access and willingness to keep current with new computer software/technology for the continuous improvement of financial planning processes. Experience with Strata, Allscripts EPSi and Lawson/Infor systems preferred.
Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail. Shows capacity to be flexible and competent as priorities change. Demonstrated effectiveness in succeeding in a team-oriented culture required.
Send Resume to:
Talent Sourcing Specialist
Brewer, Maine 04412
Accounting Manager| Madison Miles on behalf of Heywood Healthcare
07 Jun 2021 8:04 AM
Position Description: Heywood Healthcare, based in Gardner, Massachusetts, an independent, $200M community-based healthcare system, seeks a dynamic Accounting Manager to join their organization. The Accounting Manager is responsible for supporting the Finance Director in the following areas: accounting, capital, cash and operating budgeting and program support, long-term and short-term financial analysis and modeling, payroll, accounts payable, financial data analytics, audit/internal controls, and internal and external financial reporting.
Heywood Healthcare prides itself on its strong commitment to excellence and improving the health and well-being of the communities it serves while addressing emerging healthcare needs to the residents of North Central Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader who challenges conventional wisdom and has professional, respectful, and supportive relationships with key stakeholders, staff, consultants, auditors, and vendors alike. The Accounting Manager will support the CARE values of the organization, and the goal of providing outstanding customer service to those we are privileged to serve. They engage their team members to help solve today’s challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA required.
- 5+ years accounting experience is required. Hospital experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of the functional aspects of general accounting, accounts payable, reimbursement and payroll in a hospital setting.
- General understanding of all fiscal service areas, as well as personnel functions as they relate to fiscal services.
Confidential inquiries and referrals please contact:
Director of Fiscal Services| Mount Desert Island Hospital & Birch Bay Retirement Village
Position Description: Join the leadership team at MDI Hospital as our new Director of Fiscal Services. Live and work on the beautiful coast of Maine! We are seeking an experienced individual to provide leadership for both Mount Desert Island Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village’s Fiscal Services Team, which includes but is not limited to Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Budget, Cash Coordination and Materials Management. This is a full time salaried position reporting to our Vice President of Finance and CFO. Mount Desert Island Hospital offers an exemplary benefit package including medical/dental/life insurance, retirement, wellness program and more.
Education, Training or Certifications:
1. BS in Business-related field required
2. Certificate in one of the Division's services desirable
1. Minimum of five (5) years financial accounting required (non-profit healthcare preferred)
2. Minimum of five (5) years leadership/supervisory experience required
To apply, visit the below address:
If you have any additional questions, please contact Mount Desert Island Hospital Human Resources at 10 Wayman Lane Bar Harbor, ME 04609
CDM Analyst| Concord Hospital Health System
49 South Maine Street
Concord, NH 03301
Position Description: This position supports Revenue Integrity’s Mission of promoting complete, accurate, compliant, and timely revenue capture by serving as the bridge between clinical operations, finance, information technology, and revenue cycle. Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Integrity, this position is responsible for performing charge master maintenance, researching new clinical items and services for appropriate billing and coding, working with departments to resolve suspended charges and other charge issues prior to claim submission, facilitating regular revenue operations meetings with assigned departments, and providing basic analytical support to internal customers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Certification, Registration & Licensure AHIMA or AAPC medical coding certification (e.g. CPC, COC, CCS-P, CCS) within two years of hire. Alternate certifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis (e.g. RHIA).
Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in healthcare revenue integrity, managed care contracting, billing, auditing, charge master, coding, or compliance in an acute care hospital. Must have at least one year experience working with reimbursement methodologies (i.e. IPPS, OPPS, MPFS, managed care). Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and Revenue Codes required. Knowledge of revenue cycle processes and hospital/medical billing required. Must have familiarity with government and managed care reimbursement methodologies to include IPPS, OPPS, and fee schedules. Must have the ability to research payer requirements and policies. Knowledge of NCCI edits, and Medicare LCDs/NCDs required. Ability to review, analyze, and interpret billing guidelines and state and federal regulations. Experience with Cerner charge services applications preferred. Must demonstrate effective problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must have demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with department leadership and staff. Must have demonstrated ability to work independently under minimal supervision and possess effective time management skills to permit successful handling of multiple projects and tasks. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization, including leadership. At minimum, intermediate level of proficiency with Windows based software, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Responsibilities Manage charge master maintenance for assigned clinical service line(s). Assist with and participate in annual charge master review, price increase, codeset update, and other CDM projects. Research charging, reimbursement, and coverage requirements for procedures and services as requested. Assist stakeholders with charge reporting and reconciliation and provide training on these tasks, when necessary. Develop and maintain an expert understanding of charge capture workflow for assigned service line(s). Troubleshoot charge posting issues. Identify charging opportunities. Manage assigned work queues and suspended charges. Facilitate revenue operations meetings with assigned clinical service lines. Serve as the primary point of contact for all revenue-related questions from service line leadership and other stakeholders. Perform other duties as assigned.
Portland, ME, Bangor, ME, Waltham, MA, or Manchester, NH
Do you possesses a strong desire to add value to client engagements? Have a passion for personal and team development? Then we may have the job for you! BerryDunn is hiring an experienced auditor to join our growing Healthcare practice. We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, proactive auditor with strong communication and organizational skills. This position is the right choice for you if you have a strong desire to help clients and a passion for personal and team development. You can join us and be based in one of these four offices - Portland ME, Bangor ME, Waltham MA, or Manchester, NH. As a member of our healthcare practice, you’ll be joining a collegial and energetic team of highly skilled audit and consulting professionals who strive to create an environment which encourages and supports positive living by our employees and their families. BerryDunn promotes a healthy work/life balance with supportive colleagues who collaborate in achieving, client, firm, and personal success.
For more information please go to http://www.berrydunn.com/.
You Will: Participate in client engagements from start to finish, Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements. Research and analyze financial statements and audit related issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information as well as possess the ability to document conclusions developed during the audit. Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with clients to enhance client satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels. Develop and communicate recommendations for business and process improvements. Supervise, lead, and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews. We offer extensive opportunities to participate in personal and professional development sessions on a regular basis.
You Have: BS/MS degree in Accounting, 150 semester hours of education 3+ years of progressive public accounting experience in the Healthcare and/or Not-for-Profit sectors CPA or a desire to obtain your CPA and have us support you in this effort Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills, rules and standards Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment Excellent organizational, communication and client service skills
Our Benefits: We value our employees and offer a variety of attractive benefits, in addition to being part of a high-powered, effective team! Here are just a few of our attractive benefits: Health, Dental, Rx and Vision Insurance Health Savings Account (HSA); Employer contribution Responsible Paid-Time-Off policy, including Paid Family Leave 401(K) profit sharing plan with employer match after one year Life and AD&D Insurance Long-term Disability Insurance Long-term Care Insurance Tuition Reimbursement, Continuing Professional Education, and CPA Exam Wellness Programs Mentor Programs
About BerryDunn: BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 600 employees throughout the country that provide a full range of services including Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial Consulting, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. We are headquartered in Portland, Maine, with offices in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and West Virginia. BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States and Canada, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For additional questions please reach out to the Director of Recruiting at (207) 541-2269.
Director of Finance| Western Maine Health
Western Maine Health is seeking a Director of Finance in Oxford. The Director of Finance is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of assigned departments and programs and the management of the hospital’s financial activities, such as receipt of revenues, expenditures of funds and conservation of hospital assets. Supervise, coordinate and the functions of general accounting, budget/reimbursement, revenue capture, payroll and financial analyses. Performs some of these functions as needed. This position reports to the local Chief Financial Officer.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration. CPA, Master's degree or FHFMA preferred.
• Minimum of five to seven years’ experience of financial leadership in hospital/healthcare administration or in public accounting with significant healthcare client experience.
• Ability to mentor and empower staff; to set the climate for cooperation and teamwork.
• Self-directed and self-motivated with a firm understanding of leadership role; skilled change agent.
• Effective communicator with the ability to create strong partnerships; serves as a role model through professional behavior and open, direct communication.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.careersatmainehealth.org. and refer to job number 147001.
Working at MaineHealth: With a career at any of the MaineHealth member organizations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals who truly value the people around them – within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – are top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level. As part of our dedication to operational excellence, we continually invest in technology, innovation and exceptional people in order to deliver on our promise to the people of northern New England. This includes the Shared Health Record initiative, which has changed the way we deliver healthcare within the state. We believe the electronic health record is a necessary tool in the improvement of healthcare delivery and outcomes. Our investment in the technology to support the electronic health record is nothing short of monumental. This means you’ll have the technology necessary to always ensure an optimal patient experience. When you join any of our organizations, you’ll find an environment that has the right combination of high-tech and high-touch to deliver the finest care to the people we serve. Join us to learn from – and be surrounded by – some of the best talent in healthcare today. MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.