In our hectic professional and personal lives, it is difficult to find the time to volunteer. Yet, as we all face the challenges of the transforming healthcare industry, education and sharing are more important than ever. Elizabeth Andrews once stated, “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” That simple statement is so meaningful for volunteerism, especially when you consider the heart each of you has to offer your peers and the HFMA Philadelphia Metro chapter overall.
A few benefits include:
- Expanding your network by meeting new people
- Strengthening existing relationships and contacts
- Learning new strategies and ideas from industry leaders
- Professional growth and development
- Demonstrating your skills and ability
- Boosting social skills
- Making a positive difference for our membership
- Earning Founders Points to gain Advanced Member status in HFMA
Learn about the multiple committees you can assist with.
Don’t let your fear of time stop you becoming involved. Your skills and willingness to help are needed! Some roles require little time as a member, while other require a couple of hours a month. To find the best role, please fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Call for presenters – Data Analytics seminar