Data + Insights
- Consumerism Maturity Model
- Data + Insights 3rd party copy save
- HFMA’s MAP Initiative
- HFMA Compensation Benchmarks
- Data + Insights Overview
- Guidehouse Payvider
- HFMA Peer Review
- MAP KEY Connect
- GuideIQ, powered by Guidehouse – pre launch page
- GuideIQ, powered by Guidehouse
- Harness Price Transparency with Turquoise Health
- HFMA Health System Purchase Plans 2023
- HFMA Health System Purchase Plans 2023
- parent page test – jean
- Navigate the Future of Health Equity with Equity Quotient
- The Critical Role of Rehab in COVID-19 Recovery and Beyond
- Digitizing P2P Helps Reduce Costs, Boosts Supplier Relationships
- Supporting financial health with clinical asset reallocation
- Partnering for transformation: SCP Health reduces costs by 28%
- Trends in Hospital Outpatient Revenue Cycle Management
- Mitigating Inflation’s Impact on the Revenue Cycle
- Reduce Readmissions for Complex Pulmonary Patients
- ACO PAC Partnership Survey
- US Healthcare Report: How are Health Systems Embracing IA to Enhance Patient Experience?
- Optimize Physician Reimbursement with Comprehensive, Technology-Enabled RCM Services
- 5 Financial Benefits of Rehabilitation Partnership
- CFO of the Future
- Meeting Today’s Complex Pulmonary Needs Through LTACH Expertise
- How to Maximize your Medigap Market Share
- Improving Patient Financial Engagement Within Rapidly Changing Regulatory Guidelines
- Financial & Clinical Success Through Activity Based Costing
- Know the differences between LTACHs vs SNFs
- What Providers Need to Know about Uncollected Patient Payments
- Now is the Time for Payvider Adoption and Growth
- Get out of the Denial Danger Zone!
- Aging America: Is Your Rehabilitation Program Ready?
- How Health Systems are Navigating their Post-pandemic Future
- Post-Acute Care Survey
- Consumerism After COVID: How to Incorporate a Changing Market Into Your Post-Acute Strategy
- Why team engagement needs to be your number one priority right now
About the Author
An inside view of hospital disaster preparedness
In this full-length interview, a Houston-based hospital CEO shares memories of Hurricane Harvey and his organization’s strategies for successfully maintaining operations.
The future of revenue cycle (Part 1)
Nicholas Mendyka of the University of Virginia Health System Medical Center talks about the necessary coordination between clinical and financial for future revenue cycle success. Also: five key considerations for organization integration.
Be prepared: Two ways healthcare providers plan for the unexpected
Privia Health's senior vice president of revenue cycle management discusses physician practice strategies for effective patient financial conversations before service delivery, and in another type of "preparedness," a hospital CEO shares memories of Hurricane Harvey and the steps his facility took to maintain operations.
The Future of Revenue Cycle (Part 2)
Nicholas Mendyka of the University of Virginia Health System Medical Center discusses price transparency, and HFMA director Todd Nelson talks about the revenue cycle of tomorrow. Also: five things patients can do to avoid surprise bills (and why hospitals should tell them).
What to expect when you are expecting
Welcome to Voices in Healthcare Finance. If you’ve listened to our podcast before, you’ll no doubt notice some differences in today’s episode. That’s because today, we’re debuting a brand new version of the podcast. From now on, we’ll begin each episode with the latest healthcare business news, then deliver provider stories and practical advice for healthcare finance leaders like you. We’ll release new episodes every other Wednesday with occasional bonus episodes that go in depth about a particular topic. On today’s episode, we begin a series that focuses on best practices in the revenue cycle. Then, we’ll discuss key opportunities to educate patients about their financial obligations.
Sneak Peek: The new HFMA Voices in Healthcare Finance podcast
Voices in Healthcare Finance will debut a new format on September 5. In this sneak peek, Erika Grotto interviews Sandra Wolfskill, one of HFMA's directors of healthcare finance policy, for the first installment of a six-part series about patient communication and the revenue cycle. Sound editing by Julian Suga and Bryan Kuhn.
Achieving the elusive ROI on an EHR
Navigant's David Burik discusses the challenges hospitals face with their electronic health records and how to maximize their systems to achieve an ROI. Also, five key elements to an effective analytics solution.
A Lannister always pays his medical debts (when offered a reasonable payment plan)
Pattie Kloehn of Healthwide Solutions and Bruce Haupt of ClearBalance describe trends in patient payment plans and detail how UConn Health achieved a 230% ROI on its own patient payment program. Also, five fast facts about revenue integrity.
Shall we play a game?
Computer hackers have been around almost as long as computers themselves, but the risks to healthcare organizations are growing. On today's episode, we explore cybersecurity in hospitals and health systems--what information hackers want, what to do after a breach occurs, and how to avoid one in the first place.
How Providence St. Joseph Health used variation analysis to engage physicians
Kevin Fleming and Caleb Stowell from Washington-based Providence St. Joseph Health talk about how their system addressed clinical variation. Also: Rich Daly and Chad Mulvany debut Beyond the News, a deep dive into a current hot topic in healthcare.