Georgia Chapter Call for Presentations
CALL FOR 2021-2022 PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
We are pleased that you are interested in presenting at one of our educational events during this chapter year. Please follow the link below to submit your educational offering for this chapter year. The education committee will review all submittals and will contact you if your submission might be a good fit for one of our Institutes, Webinars or Forums.
PRESENTATION PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PROCESS
As a presenter, you will benefit by:
- General: Increased visibility within the healthcare industry and added recognition beyond the conference. Your presentation and materials will be distributed to healthcare professionals nationwide.
- Complimentary registration: Complimentary registration for up to two speakers to attend the Conference.
The Georgia HFMA Education & Forums committee, consistent of healthcare professionals from the Georgia HFMA chapter, will review all proposals.
Selection Criteria include:
- Timeliness of topic – relevancy and currency of information
- Presenter qualifications and reference listing (must submit a one paragraph biography)
- Practical application of materials
- References from past speaking engagements
- Travel Fees: With few exceptions travel, hotel, copy and mail expenses for course material are the responsibility of the speaker. There is a limited budget available for Keynote Speakers and Providers who make time to present. Please bring questions about Travel Fees to the Program Chair.
- Audio/Visual:Laptop and Presentation File are the responsibility of speaker unless otherwise specified. GAHFMA can provide a Projector upon request.
- No Soliciting Products/Services: Georgia Chapter Institutes are held to educate members regarding the healthcare industry and issues affecting healthcare finance. Sessions are to educate members, not to sell services or products. Please adhere to these guidelines, as a Session Coordinator will be monitoring each session and will interrupt session speaker(s) if this policy is violated.
- Registering for the Institute: Meeting information and registration are located at www.georgiahfma.org. Please use the general Institute information and to determine any other sessions or meals that you plan on attending.
- Handouts: Program handouts in an electronic format (PowerPoint or .pdf) are due 15 days prior to session. Materials presented will be uploaded to the Education section of our website for those who were not able to attend in person.
Provider members willing to present case studies and other “how to” sessions based on successes at their organizations are strongly encouraged to submit a form, as these types of sessions are of much interest and demand.
In addition, we are asking that anyone interested in speaking at one of the two Institutes also agree to speak at a Forums Workshop or to host a Webinar. Those agreeing to do so will be given stronger consideration than those not willing to do so, as this helps us to fill the membership needs most effectively.