Please note, job postings are listed until asked to be removed.
Sr. Reimbursement Consultant
Full-Time – Hybrid (in office 2-3 days per week)
This position is responsible for preparing and reviewing the Medicare and Medicaid cost reports for all OhioHealth entities.
- This position will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate governmental (Medicare and Medicaid) reimbursement is received for OhioHealth.
- This position is primarily responsible for the proactive calculations and modeling of new regulatory changes and impacts as well as variance analysis of third-party liability accounts. Provides supporting work papers and documentation for third-party inquires.
- This position has supervisory oversight of the Reimbursement Analyst daily work schedule including flow of information, teaching of reimbursement fundamentals and principals, review of work and setting daily priorities.
- This position supports the Director of Revenue and Reimbursement and Manager of Reimbursement with many special analyses throughout the year associated with revenue cycle, charge analysis, regulatory and financial reporting.
- The Senior Reimbursement Consultant will be a subject matter expert in the following areas, S-10, Wage Index, Bad Debts, Medicare Audits, Disproportionate Share, Indirect Medical Education, Graduate Medical Education, and Governmental Logs, (HCAP, UPL and Franchise Fee programs in the state of Ohio) as well as special projects as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting and reimbursement and remaining up to date with all regulatory requirements, both federal and state is required.
- The Reimbursement Consultant position leads, advises and consults various reimbursement financial projects, as well as special projects throughout the year and needs to be able to delegate direct reports assigned to the project or process while staying connected to both the pertinent details as well as the high-level strategic purpose.
- The Senior Reimbursement Consultant is required to use extensive interpersonal skills in communicating with all management levels at OhioHealth.
- This role functions in a heavily matrixed environment and requires strong prioritization, communication, and planning skills.
BS or BA in Accounting or Finance. Hospital and/or healthcare industry experience. Understanding of the CMS prospective payment system and State of Ohio regulations. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the healthcare industry. Strong team development and delegation skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- CPA, MHA, or MBA. Experience with Medicare/Medicaid cost reporting 4 – 6 years as a Sr. Reimbursement Analyst or similar position(s).
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of clinical & financial patient management systems, demonstrated ability in financial analysis and cost reporting.
If interested, please contact Natalie Furnas: [email protected]
High profile position is responsible for the operation of Tax Department and the System’s annual federal, state, and local compliance requirements. This position is also responsible for providing oversight and communication to the system for 1) risk assessment for income tax obligations of system transactions, 2) coordination of estimation, reporting, and payment of income taxes, 3) represent OhioHealth on income tax audits and income tax notices, 4) monitor legislative developments and system income tax and exempt organization compliance, 5) implement tax law changes; 6) develop strategies to reduce income tax obligations and 7) direct external tax firm engagement, and develop and maintain tax department policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree (Required) Accounting or Finance, Must be CPA. CPA – Certified Public Accountant – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Must have a strong practical and theoretical knowledge of tax accounting principles, tax return preparation and tax research. Strong analytical skills paired with knowledge of financial analysis and general business concepts. Five or more years progressively responsible tax experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Work products will be presented to senior Management, Board of Directors or the general public.